A helping hand for new controllers, regarding EuroScope

John Katergaris

John Katergaris

Hi

I have noticed during some recorded training sessions, that some people are having trouble getting the correct profile to load.

A very easy way to fix this is this:

1) Right click on the desktop and select New -> Shortcut

2) Click on Browse and navigate to and select the EuroScope.exe file. This is usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe.

3) Click next and then give it a name. For our purpose, this could be something like UK_OBSERVER_EGSS

4) Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties. In the "Target" field you will see something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe"

5) After the last quote enter a space and then this text, with the quotes: "%userprofile%\Documents\EuroScope\UK\Observer\Observer_EGSS.prf"

6) In the "Start in" field enter this text, again with the quotes: "%userprofile%\Documents\EuroScope"

7) That's it

The above should work for everyone using Windows 7 and later. 

The shortcut is also useful if you'd like to create multiple copies of it and launch different Airports from it.

In this case, you just change the Observer\Observer_EGSS.prf section above, to the profile you would like to use.

For example you can change it to Gatwick\Gatwick Combined.prf.

The added benefit of all this, is that the profile will load no matter what the "autoload last profile" setting is set to, saving you some frustration.

Kindest regards

John

Edited by John Katergaris
  • Like 1

I find it much easier to just turn off autoload last profile and then you can just select whatever profile you need when you start Euroscope. I don't know about many other but I believe that is what they suggest in the obs-s1 training as well

• Like 1