Alex Ridge

discussion Gatwick Crib

Calum Towers
22 minutes ago, Richard Keen said:

The end of the day it will be ready when its ready

Here is the answer to the original question. That's the end of this thread.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• Harry Sugden
      By Harry Sugden
      Was scrolling through vHansard, and came across this! Looks like we missed the memo? Ah well, looks like a pretty cool format for temporary notices, so maybe next time.

(p.s. this is not a criticism!!..... i just wanted to write something in the house of commons font)
    • Ryan Boulton-Lear
      By Ryan Boulton-Lear
      Hello all ! Not wishing to open a can of worms here, but hoping for a bit of clarification regarding the booking of Manchester tower. Now there is obviously two towers "EGCC_N_TWR" and "EGCC_S_TWR" and it's always been a gentlemen's agreement so to speak from North Tower whether they wan't South tower open or not, so it's not really booked. Now I accidentally booked on the CTS "EGCC_TWR" which it let me do, and then another controller booked "EGCC_N_TWR" which it also let them do which overlapped the bookings then. So looking for clarification really on what you should be booking Manchester Tower under. However if there is no official rule my proposal would be:
      If someone books "EGCC_TWR" they are band boxing both towers, but if someone wishes to open EGCC_S_TWR they still ask EGCC_N_TWR if that's okay.
      If someone books "EGCC_N_TWR" then another controller can book "EGCC_S_TWR" and the controllers do duals for the time that South Tower is logged on with their bookings. 

I look forward to any responses and hopefully we can get some clarification on this for the future !

Kind Regards,

Ryan Boulton - Lear
    • Simon Conway
      By Simon Conway
      Hi,
      It seems the smartCARS is windows only (an .exe file) which alienates mac users.
      Is it possible to supply all the necessary server details so if for example I were to use Xplane and a Mac (yes, I know!, a double whammy!!) I could use the existing XACARS application and enjoy the new (is it new?) training excercises? 🙂
      Thanks in advance,
      Simon.
    • Callum McLoughlin
      By Callum McLoughlin
      Hi all, can I challenge why both the head of training and manager responsible for ATC training both have a potential of holding S3 ratings? Why is it judged as appropriate for the vacancy for head of ATC training to also have a minimum of an S3 too?
      My question arises as the S stands for "student".
      Open minded, but would be interested in the justification/thought process behind this.
      Have a good weekend 🙂 
    • Jamie Paine