Aberdeen EGPD

Andrew Gransden

Are there plans to add Aberdeen International Airport (EGPD) to the Euroscope UK Controller Pack? If one is in development I am happy to offer my services for testing as this is my local airport. 

Edited by Andrew Gransden

Thank you for the steer. I already had the latest UK Sectors installed but there are no SMR or ATM files for Aberdeen or the other airports listed in the PDF. Should these be in the c:/documents/euroscope/UK folders as for the main airports? All that is provided is the upper airways map with the airport idents and extended centrelines.

What is the procedure for displaying the airport maps and local radar picture.

Edited by Andrew Gransden

1 hour ago, Andrew Gransden said:

Thank you for the steer. I already had the latest UK Sectors installed but there are no SMR or ATM files for Aberdeen or the other airports listed in the PDF. Should these be in the c:/documents/euroscope/UK folders as for the main airports? All that is provided is the upper airways map with the airport idents and extended centrelines.

What is the procedure for displaying the airport maps and local radar picture.

You should open the "Generic SMR/Radar/Combined" profile and just locate the airport that you want to display. After that, you can save the profile as whatever you want and make yourself an Aberdeen profile. I've done that with copies of the Generic profiles for a couple of aerodromes. :)

Many thanks for the help. I have got a working set up for EGPD after some detailed experimentation.

A slight change on the method suggested by @Nick Marinov. I found the generic to be non-standard profiles (black backgrounds) and preferred to start with an existing UK profile.

Having loaded the latest UK sector install, I first went to /documents/euroscope/uk/data/asr and copied the Edinburgh folder and renamed it and its SMR/radar files to Aberdeen. I then copied and renamed my saved Edinburgh Combined asr file (in /euroscope/uk/scottish) file.

Opening ES with my newly saved Aberdeen Combined.asr file, the next step is to open General Settings page 2 (under Other Set) and browse to the newly copied SMR/Radar .asr files (in uk/data/asr). If you don't do this you risk overwriting your original source files. Then it is a matter of zooming out on each page to locate the desired airport 'blob' before zooming in to the required level. Once done, save everything and exit. On reopening, selecting the new personal Aberdeen Combined.asr file.

I hope this helps others wishing to setup away from the prime airports to provide greater coverage for users.

If you don't want to make a new profile, and just want the quickest way to get the SMR and/or radar view:

51a5c5.gif

1. Open EuroScope and select the UK\Generic\Generic Combined.prf file.
  2. If this is the first time you have opened it, you should see a radar view. In the chat box type .center EGPD.
  3. If you see a radar view:
    1. Press F1, release it, then press 5.
    2. This will bring up the SMR, type .center EGPD again to get away from Heathrow.
  4. If you see the SMR view:
    1. Press F1, release it, then press 1.
    2. This brings up the radar, type .center EGPD to get away from Heathrow.
  5. Toggle between the two views with F7.