Thomas Hallam

proposal Yorkshire

Alex Ashley

I think you're all mistaken. It's about time the Cumbria and the Lake District get a room. I mean, look at that view...

1600px-Keswick_Panorama_-_Oct_2009.jpg

Tom Szczypinski
26 minutes ago, Alex Ashley said:

I think you're all mistaken. It's about time the Cumbria and the Lake District get a room. I mean, look at that view...

1600px-Keswick_Panorama_-_Oct_2009.jpg

Maybe so. But look at what Yorkshire has to offer!

Image result for sheep in a yorkshire field

Alex Ashley
1 minute ago, Tom Szczypinski said:

Maybe so. But look at what Yorkshire has to offer!

Image result for sheep in a yorkshire field

Doesn't that picture go to show that Cumbria is much more interesting than the dull lands of Lancashire and Yorkshire?

George Peppard

Pfft, this is the best view, clearly.

Woodford_tube_station_MMB_02_1992_Stock.

AND, we get cheap, quick transport into the capital!

Edited by George Peppard
more quality reasoning

Tom Szczypinski
30 minutes ago, George Peppard said:

cheap, quick

Are you sure about both of those things? 😄

George Peppard
2 minutes ago, Tom Szczypinski said:

Are you sure about both of those things? 😄

bcb155.png

e4c237.png

Does Yorkshire have this? 😉

Josh Appleton
19 minutes ago, Fergus Walsh said:

Image result for Welcome to Derbyshire

+1 on this, we've even got a bit of the peak district

Louie Lister

Did I forget to attach a photo? We have a post office and an Indian takeaway here in Crockenhill.. that’s pretty much it - 11/10 would stay here again

6A2D4EA2-FC27-4C05-969D-C50D8014DC2D.jpeg

Lenny Colton

I’d just like to point out that Cumbria was historically under the control of the House of Lancaster, from Lancashire. We can be thanked for the picturesque views posted by @Alex Ashley.

@Tom Szczypinski Sheep are very boring.

Alex Ashley
29 minutes ago, Lenny Colton said:

I’d just like to point out that Cumbria was historically under the control of the House of Lancaster, from Lancashire. We can be thanked for the picturesque views posted by @Alex Ashley.

@Tom Szczypinski Sheep are very boring.

I didn’t know Lancashire was responsible for the ice age.

Lenny Colton
1 minute ago, Alex Ashley said:

I didn’t know Lancashire was responsible for the ice age.

God loved Lancashire. There was no one here in 4 million B.C. so he chose the Israelites instead.

However, we Lancastrians completely deny any responsibility for @Alex Ashley‘s fake marketing. 😉

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Colin Green
      By Colin Green
      with Oculus Rift S being so cheap now I think more people are going to go for this. I personally have sold all my 737 cockpit parts. One thing is a problem on Vatsim and that's text messages can't be viewed in VR so when a controller is trying to get in touch with you, you can't tell so my proposal is can they not just speak to us through Unicom?

• Lenny Colton
      By Lenny Colton
      I noticed, recently, that the Oakland vARTCC used to have the position BAY_TWR, which provided TWR coverage at KSFO, KOAK, and KSJC, two relatively large airports and a smaller one, and I was wondering if any consideration could be given to a similar idea in the UK, on a smaller scale, perhaps allowing EGKK_TWR to top-down EGKR, especially if they are already top-down the CTR, or perhaps for EGCC to top-down EGCB_I. This would allow some smaller/quieter airports to enjoy increased coverage, though controllers would perhaps need to exercise discretion with when these positions were opened and allow others to open the band-boxed sectors. Thoughts?
    • Lee Connolly
      By Lee Connolly
      I wouldn't say this is just for the UK division for vatsim in general. I think It would be good if you were able to change your call sign (Pilots) without having to disconnect from the network, maybe an addon for pilot clients? 

Thanks 

Lee
    • Callum Calcutt
      By Callum Calcutt
      I love vatsim especially with the new codec coming however I don't want people to publicly see my name, can there be a way to hide it, its making me not want to use vatsim
    • Anastasios Mpithas
      By Anastasios Mpithas
      When Slack was first introduced it was a great app that enabled, and still enables all of the Vatsim UK members to have a chat, exchange opinions, organise flights and unwind.
      But I believe that Discord is now much better than Slack for text communications for the following reasons:
      Easier to access -most of the members and staff of Vatsim UK have a Discord account, new members are more likely to join Discord than Slack, because most people don't even know what Slack is The VATSIM.net official server for communications, and many other divisions are on Discord  Messages don't get deleted on Discord; If you need to find older messages on Slack you are out of luck Plenty of bots for easier moderation Much easier to implement something than Slack, it has a better API Roles can be useful for (new) members to identify staff and mentors Please respond with your opinion!
      Note: I am not talking about voice communications. This has been discussed already.
      The only downside that this move might have, will be the recustomisation of the bot that links Core-Slack, which I have no clue how hard it is to do.