proposal Yorkshire

Thomas Hallam

In the Vatsim UK Teamspeak, I believe Yorkshire should get its own room, 

Reasons for this:

1. Because Yorkshire is the best.

2. Its the biggest county

3. Yorkshiremen will sit in the room and be very welcoming

4. Yorkshire gives people the best cup of tea

Get more reasons why at https://www.martinwoods.me.uk/what-yorkshire-gave-the-world/

Callum Axon

I didn't know that Yorkshire had finally established diplomatic status! I suppose they had to stop using smoke signals at some point. I must contact their Ambassador immediately (@Andy Colley).

On a serious note, I believe the rooms in TeamSpeak are modelled around the "communities" that "divide" our division and Yorkshire isn't one of these, as far as I recall. I'd suggest in order to get recognition, you follow in Mrs Krankies footsteps and form a nationalistic cause. 

Leon Grant

Hi Thomas,

The rooms in Teamspeak do not directly correlate with UK counties so it is not the case that Yorkshire has been left out. Each Regional Community has its own Teamspeak room. The airports within the county of Yorkshire come under the Northern Community Region.

So for the time being you'll just have to put up with being in the same region as the rest of the North, including Greater Manchester- the actual best county ;).

Leon

Thomas Hallam
1 minute ago, Leon Grant said:

Greater Manchester- the actual best county ;).

No need to lie to yourself.

5 minutes ago, Callum Axon said:

I suppose they had to stop using smoke signals at some point.

No, we still use them, but not as much sadly.

Andy Colley
23 hours ago, Callum Axon said:

I didn't know that Yorkshire had finally established diplomatic status! I suppose they had to stop using smoke signals at some point. I must contact their Ambassador immediately (@Andy Colley).

On a serious note, I believe the rooms in TeamSpeak are modelled around the "communities" that "divide" our division and Yorkshire isn't one of these, as far as I recall. I'd suggest in order to get recognition, you follow in Mrs Krankies footsteps and form a nationalistic cause. 

I'm North Korean 

Alex Ridge

Will people from outside the Yorkshire boarders (i.e "foreigners") be allowed to converse in the teamspeak channel?? :-D

Lenny Colton

Lancashire must form a channel immediately to rival the evil Yorkshire(ians?). We will win the War of the Microphones, just like we won the War of the Roses. Remember that? I heard that Richard III really enjoyed supermarket car parks.

EDIT: Yorkshire isn’t even a county anymore. It got hung drawn and quartered into: North, South, West, and East Riding of.

Edited by Lenny Colton
Yorkshire is a fake!

Daniel Parkin
On 17/04/2018 at 19:38, Thomas Hallam said:

In the Vatsim UK Teamspeak, I believe Yorkshire should get its own room

Will there be a translator on hand?

Thomas Hallam
1 hour ago, Daniel Parkin said:

Will there be a translator on hand?

There will always be a translator in the room, Yes

Gary Oliver

I agree that Leeds Bradford International Airport (the greatest regional airport in the world) will require its own room.... Especially with its visitors due in November :-)

Michael Benson

As I state to every EGNM flight as I hand them off to London "they're going to the Norths premier airport"

Harry Downton
19 hours ago, Gary Oliver said:

I agree that Leeds Bradford International Airport (the greatest regional airport in the world) will require its own room.... Especially with its visitors due in November :-)

Don't forget, Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield International airport... Another fantastic airport in the north.

#sponsoredby

yorkshire_tea_240_teabags-1493202762.jpg.6fbf497d1f8fb36caf8e117af1aefca8.jpg

Lenny Colton

What have I restarted?...

Trevor Hannant

Haha, that's the sort of thing my partner would post up on FB in return as she's Lancastrian

George Peppard

If you ever want to see somewhere really nice, visit Essex!

Famous last words...

Fergus Walsh
3 hours ago, George Peppard said:

I think we're all ready going there!
9de115c174f3e7e98989f2b5223c9391.png

Louie Lister
3 hours ago, George Peppard said:

Famous last words...

Or Crockenhill..