UK AC_ALIAS Help

Lewis Corcoran

Hi all, I've recently returned to control on the network. And I have forgotten how some of the Alias's work. Examples of these are .ho I have forgotten how to Auto-populate the fields with the correct info. Also when I do .sid the QNH $altim($dep) returns the same thing in the message. I'm just wondering is there a list of where I can find how to work all the Alias's that have queries in them

Thanks, Lewis C.

Documents/Euroscope/UK/Data/Alias/AC_Alias.txt

Open it in a text editor, boom.

Edited by Fraser Cooper

42 minutes ago, Fraser Cooper said:

Documents/Euroscope/UK/Data/Alias/AC_Alias.txt

Open it in a text editor, boom.

I've done that but for the .ho I remember that you had to press TAB somewhere at sometime but I can't remember. And why does the QNH no show up in the message?

.ho then spacebar, then type the position ID (KKT, KKA etc.) then tab. Enter.

No idea why the QNH isn't working. Maybe reload the alias via the OPEN SCT option.

You press spacebar after the dot command. This will highlight the first variable ($) - type in the value, then TAB if there are more than one. When it's all complete and the correct aircraft is selected,, press your Primary TX key (* by default) to transmit it.

For the QNH to decode, the selected aircraft must have a flight plan indicating the point of departure and I think you must have listed the METAR for that field.

3 minutes ago, Fraser Cooper said:

type the position ID (KKT, KKA etc.)

Which comes from your controller list, just to the left of each controller callsign - it could be 1-3 characters long.

Aliases such as...

.sid Cleared to $arr, $sid departure, squawk $squawk, QNH $altim($dep)

... will replace $arr, $sid, $squawk, and $altim($dep) automatically, as long as you have an aircraft selected.

The other formats have been explained above!

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
3 hours ago, John Cardiff said:

Is there a $ code alias for the current ATIS info?  Used to be $atiscode

Thanks

A lot of our alias's including .pdc have had the $atiscode text removed as it will not read this information from vATIS. Therefore, it would always enter 'A'. Not worth having it in the alias, if it is going to be incorrect most of the time. (Assuming most controllers are now using vATIS)