James van Hankins

atc-software vStrips interferes with other controllers scratchpad?

James van Hankins

Hi all

In the past I've been using vStrips when controlling Tower and sometimes, controllers in other positions advised that their stand assignments are getting removed.

Is it vStrips that's doing that? Just wondered because now I don't use it just in case it's disrupting other controllers but I quite like using it :)

Cheers

Jamie

Edited by James van Hankins
Title changed

Philip Harris

They were working on stand auto stand allocation in vStrips yes. Was a beta last I saw it so dont know if that made it to the live build. Sounds like it did!

Connor Faulder

Arrivals or departures? @James van Hankins

When you first load up vStrips, and when new departures connect, it places their stand (or potentially their closest stand) in the scratchpad until you start giving clearance limits etc.

For arrivals, at certain airports, vStrips will automatically assign an arrival stand which goes in the stand column (aka Euroscope speed assignment)

James van Hankins

It was arrivals -  vStrips kept over writing the stand the person on Ground had allocated. 

Its a shame because it makes me not want to use it unless I’m controlling top down. 

George Peppard

I’m a little bit late to the party but vStrips works really well when more than one controller is using it (which to its merit is what it’s designed for).

The main problem with it is that in my experience even when I assign a stand through vStrips it likes to assign S230 at Gatwick (perhaps it thinks the aircraft is on that stand?).

Combine it with lots of aircraft in various different places and stages of movement and another controller that uses it and it seems to work really well though.

Alex Ashley

Do we know if vStrips is still being developed?

James Gibson
37 minutes ago, Alex Ashley said:

Unlikely

Trevor Hannant
1 hour ago, Alex Ashley said:

Their support forum has gone very "tumbleweed" with no staff posts since May 2017...    I'd suggest it's now obsolete.

Anthony Lawrence
On 3/18/2018 at 18:08, Trevor Hannant said:

Their support forum has gone very "tumbleweed" with no staff posts since May 2017...    I'd suggest it's now obsolete.

I imagine it's pretty tough to actively push a project... when the project manager is permanently suspended from the network.