Scheduled Maintenance - All Services - 23/02/2018 22:00 UTC

A maintenance period for multiple services has been scheduled for Friday 23rd February at 22:00 UTC. The expected duration of this maintenance is 1 hour. Two periods of downtime of less than 10-15 seconds are expected. Additional information is available at https://status.vatsim.uk/.

Updates will be posted at https://status.vatsim.uk/. To report any problems or issues after the maintenance has been completed, please visit https://helpdesk.vatsim.uk/

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Pawley

Upcoming AIRAC - 1803

Chris Pawley

Hello

Today I am kicking off the next 28 day sprint to add as many new features, updates and bug fixes to the UK Sector File. I'm using the standard workflow of the previous few releases:

Timeline (AIRAC +28 means the AIRAC change is 28 days from this moment in our timeline)

AIRAC +28 I will take care of downloading the AIRAC change documents to our local google drive folder (for correct linking in issues) (It is done, located here)

AIRAC +28 -> AIRAC +22 - we take some time to scan through changes proposed from AIP - make issues in Github tagged to 1803 Milestone and ensure that nothing gets missed and linked to the documents from the first step.

[Behind the scenes, I will identify all the other tasks generated by this AIRAC change (non-sector file related) and create a working list of these for me and other members to work on.]

AIRAC +22 -> AIRAC +10 - The Sector File team (you!) complete outstanding issues

AIRAC +8 -> AIRAC +6 - I'll build a DEV version of sector file generated and shared for testing of big or complex changes (and provide the link here)

[Behind the scenes, the controller pack is also updated in this time]

Approx AIRAC +6 Development Freeze - after this time I like to start packaging things for download.

Approx AIRAC +2 Release versions of SCT/ESE etc. build and double checked

Approx AIRAC +1 Forum Posts Updated, Download links Updated, Euroscope's Automated Download Tool Updated

As we go through these stages, I'll update this post to show what we're all working on right now.

As ever, if you want to contribute, please do! Find our repo at www.github.com/vatsim-uk/uk-sector-file and our slack channel #ops_uk_sectorfile

If you have questions, find me on Slack or in the Helpdesk.

Chris.

Loui Ringer likes this

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jacob Gear
      By Jacob Gear
      Hello all, 
      Not sure if this is in the right place so point me in the right direction if not please.
      After a while of not controlling I have tried to install Euroscope, however when loading up I am greeted with a weird issue that no matter what I try will not seem to go away. I have attached a screenshot below. When I try and click the "OPEN SCT" or other menus like settings a green thin line appears all down the page, and there is a grey box that is flickering in and out at the bottom of the client. This is regardless of what Sector file I am using. 
      Info: 
      - I can open the connection menu fine 
      - I have tried uninstalling totally and deleting any files leftover, I have ensured I am running as administrator, I have tried changing display settings on both of my monitors, I have tried using Euroscope in fullscreen and not,. 
      - I am running Windows 8.

Thanks!  

• George Peppard
      By George Peppard
      Hi,
      I spent this morning working on an alternative SMR for Exeter (EGTE) - my internet was out so it was a good way to kill time 

Feedback is most welcome.
      George

• Odias Ukcamaj
      By Odias Ukcamaj
      Hello again so I was controlling gatwick delivery tonight and it was going great I saw that when i pressed on an aircrafts name it wouldnt show me its callsign for example BAW42X it wouldnt say in brackets at the bottom (SPEEDBIRD) so I uninstalled euroscope reinstalled it and re downloaded the UK controller pack when i opened euroscope i selected Gatwick smr pics rule and the screen was black i pressed open sct and opened the gatwick smr and nothing would happen the one time I managed to get it open the tags where different the departure list was different everything was gone does anyone know how to fix that or can someone please send me a copy of there euroscope files Thanks odias
    • Harry Sugden
      By Harry Sugden
      The Sector File <- Download Link
      You can also use the auto-download feature of EuroScope to obtain the latest version.
      Found a bug while using the new sector file? That’s anything from an auto-handoff that doesn’t work, to a missing position, to a misbehaving agreement… Use the EuroScope department of the helpdesk!
      Alternate ownerships for observing/mentoring
      It's possible for mentors to get the correct sector ownerships without needing to select a primary frequency. Just go to Other settings...Sector ownership setup, click 'select all' and select 'Mentoring TWR/APP' from the list. For mentoring on LON_*_CTR (or SCO_CTR) you will need to select the relevant 'Observing LON_*_CTR' option instead to specify which sector(s) you are interested in.
      The LON_*_CTR can also be used for observing purposes rather than mentoring, but this requires a quick edit of the UK.ese file to tell Euroscope what your log-in callsign for observing will be. (E.g. HS_OBS.) Open UK.ese in Notepad or another text editor and the line to edit is at the top and clearly indicated. There's also an 'Observing London FIR' option that will give you ownership of every sector in the FIR, regardless of who else is online.
      Adjacent airports shown when using the General Setting 'Set active APT by owned sectors'
      There is now an option to choose which departure airports to show, by means of a special runway 00 at '000A Show adjacent departure airports' in the Runway Selector dialogue. This mainly affects London and Scottish Control sectors.
      Option 1, with a selected runway 00 on the right hand side (under DEP or ARR, or both, doesn't matter): the departure list will show departures from all airports within the sector, or immediately adjacent to it.
      Option 2, with no runway 00 selected: the departure list will show departures only from airports for which you have top-down responsibility for TWR services. That is, only when nobody else is covering it. This is the mode of operation found in previous versions of the sector file.
      Contributing to the Project
      Repository
      Contributing Guide