Lewis Hardcastle

atc-discussion Booker

Michael Pike
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:55, Johan Grauers said:

@Chris Pawley

With Booker in the sector file, the name is so long that on my screen resolution it pushes the runway selection outside of the size of the window in euroscope. So if you go in and select the active runways you now have to keep scrolling left and right in a way you didn't before. 

Could the name be shortened in the sector file for a future release to avoid this issue? It is now "EGTB Wycombe Air Park/Booker EGTB Wycombe Air Park/Booker". If it was shortened to remove the duplication it would probably sort it on my screen resolution (mabye others will still have the same issue depending on resolution). 

Just discovered you can reduce the width of the airport field in the dialog box (drag the column divider to the left).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jim Johnson
      By Jim Johnson
      Awhile ago I asked whether the 'North' is dying. I have noticed recently that activiy in the 
      TG2 area has imroved and previously uncontrolled airports are beginning to re-open.
      In my opinion this is down to the increase in numbers of controllers who have been successfully
      mentored to acheive their S1 to S3 ratings. Significantly, many controllers on gaining
      a rating are becoming mentors themselves thereby allowing more aspiring controllers
      to gain a rating or improve their ratings. Whilst all mentors deserve recognition for
      their contribution to the re-emergence of 'Northern, ' in my opinion, 
      the contribution of  Jonas Hey  TGI for the time and effort  plus  organising and running mentor training
      may be an important factor in this improvement and well done to him.
    • Ed Harley
      By Ed Harley
      Hello!
      I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place, I have been away from Vatsim for about six months due to work but I'm starting to get back into it now.
      I was controlling at Liverpool on tower a few days ago when a pilot requested PFL practise. After a bit of googling, I understand this is a practice forced landing to simulate an engine failure. 
      I was wondering what is the typical ATC procedure to deal with this request? On the evening, I cleared the plane for a VFR circuit and then downwind the pilot decleared an emergency and landed. Is this right?
      Thanks for any help in advance!
      -Ed.
    • Alex Ashley
      By Alex Ashley
      archived
    • Robert Hamilton
      By Robert Hamilton
      Out of curiosity and different reports from different people I'm asking the following. (Might be a dumb question but rather to know than not to know....)
      The times on the booking calendar are ZULU Time.
      Are the booking time as per ZULU Time or Per GMT Time? 
      I.E. Someone has a session finishing at 19.30pm are we clarifying that their session finishes at 19.30pm GMT or 19.30pm Zulu Time (18.30pm)

Ta
    • Paul Dean
      By Paul Dean
      I started an application of visitor controller status 12th June 2018.
      It transpired that my referee had not received any request or instructions regarding submitting a reference.
      Consequently, my application lapsed.
      I resubmitted on the 30th June. On the 4th July, my referee informed me that he had submitted the reference and vatsim uk informed me that the application was under review.
      In the meantime,on the 26th June I had submitted a ticket requesting that the problem regarding the reference request be investigated. On the 5th July, I got a reply to the ticket, that my referee had responded and that the application was to be processed and "you should be up and running by Monday" (9th July).
      I've had no further communication from vatsim uk.
      Looking on the website, my application status is still "under review".
      Can anyone explain what is going on before I submit a further ticket?
      Paul Dean

Update.  I've just been informed that my application has been successful..
      P.D.