• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Louie Lister

• Cole Edwards

• William Grimsley

• George Peppard

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took me a while, but got there at last ! Many thanks to excellent mentors @Luke Borman @Fergus Walsh @Reece Buckley @Jack Gil @Samuel Lefevre @Zak Kilpatrick @Ryan Hembry @Alex Miles @Reuben K

Well done to @Lewis Corcoran on getting his Gatwick Endorsement Tonight. Thanks to @Sebastian Wheeler for the adjacent control!

Congrats to @Alex Kitteridge for earning his EGKK_GND endorsement this evening!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Janet Kino
      By Janet Kino
      Quite some years ago I started with ATC and have an S1 rating, but I haven't done anything for years and would like to start over again.  I know I read something about this somewhere in the last few weeks, but I can't find it again.  Can any of you please point me towards information on how to re-start my training, including retaking the classes and tests?
      Thanks!
    • Andrew Welsh
      By Andrew Welsh
      Hi All
      After searching the forums quite a bit, I was hoping someone might have an idea as to the current waiting list for those wanting to attend the OBS_PT1 group session to start ATC training. After deliberating for quite a while I decided to take the plunge, but just want to get an idea if it's going to be a long wait or not. Mainly so I don't miss any emails!
      (I did check i was part of the training group in CTS)
      Cheers

• Filippo Genoni
      By Filippo Genoni
      Hi everyone! 
      I’m S1 from the Italian division and I’m about to get my S2...I’m considering to transfer here in uk when I’ll consolidate my S2 rating
      In any case, when I’ll transfer I would like to continue my ATC carrier to my next rating: S3
      So my question is: how long do I have to wait when I enter the S3 waiting list to start training?
      thank you a lot!

• Jordan Webb
      By Jordan Webb
      Hi all, I hope you guys are well in these difficult times.
      Recently I have come across a number of controllers mostly at EGCC, of varying positions, who have all elected to use a runway totally contrary to that in use IRL.
      On a number of occassions the latest METAR was reporting variable winds, such as VRB04, leading the controller to elect the written preferential runway of 23R as the runway in use. However, could we ask controllers to check both FR24 for what they're using in real world and, more importantly the TAF? I ask this for a number of reasons;
      1) Just because the surface winds are calm, it does not mean that the upper winds reflect the same. I myself have encountered significant tailwinds down the ILS23R (both in reality and on VATSIM), and when reporting this to ATC IRL, frequently a runway change is implemented soon after.
      2) With light and variable winds, one slight increase to push the half hour average into one runways favour could lead to a controller flip-flopping between which runway he/she chooses. This is totally inefficient. The TAF gives you a decent foresight into the longer term forecast.  EGCC 141420Z AUTO VRB04KT 9999 NCD 11/M03 Q1033 NOSIG would suggest preferential 23R, but looking at a TAF of EGCC 141054Z 1512/1618 09011KT 9999 FEW045 highlights that above the ground, it's going to be in 05's favour.
      3) If we're striving to be as real as can be, is it so difficult to check FlightRadar24 at what is still a fairly busy airport? This gives the controller an immediate insight to the current situation of both meteorolgical and operational requirements, without the need to check forecasts, NOTAMs etc.
      As a EGCC local both in terms of residence and profession, I don't want you to think this is a bleating rant at the quality of the training/controllers at Manch. See it more as a nudge in the right direction towards the realism we strive for.
      I welcome your feedback,
      Jordan

• Oliver Rhodes
      By Oliver Rhodes
      But Time, to make me grieve,
      Part steals, lets part abide;
      And shakes this fragile frame at eve
      With throbbings of noontide.
      - Thomas Hardy, I Look into my Glass
      At 1am on Sunday 28th March the clocks will advance one hour. This means that 1am will immediately become 2am.
      Times on VATSIM are always given in UTC, so if you are in the UK you will need to convert from BST/UK local time to UTC/z time by taking off one hour:
      19:00 UK local time -> 18:00z 22:30 UK local time -> 21:30z 01:00 UK local time -> 00:00z Please be mindful of this when entering availability into, or accepting sessions from, the CT System.