• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Louie Lister

• Cole Edwards

• William Grimsley

• George Peppard

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took me a while, but got there at last ! Many thanks to excellent mentors @Luke Borman @Fergus Walsh @Reece Buckley @Jack Gil @Samuel Lefevre @Zak Kilpatrick @Ryan Hembry @Alex Miles @Reuben K

Bit late, but congratulations to @Luka Blackwellfor passing the other day! Well done 🙂

Well done to @Lewis Corcoran on getting his Gatwick Endorsement Tonight. Thanks to @Sebastian Wheeler for the adjacent control!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Oliver Rhodes
      By Oliver Rhodes
      Whereby I see that Time's the king of men,
      He's both their parent, and he is their grave,
      And gives them what he will, not what they crave.
      - William Shakespeare, Pericles, Prince of Tyre
      At 2am on Sunday 31st October the clocks will revert back by one hour. This means that 2am will immediately become 1am, generously adding an hour to our day!
      This means three things: an extra hour to recover from Cross the Pond/your Saturday night Halloween party, entry into the traditional biannual state of confusion for the period of the following week, and most importantly, if you are in the UK, that you will no longer need to convert from BST to UTC/z time when entering availability into or accepting sessions from the CT System. UK local time will match with UTC/z time, following the trend below:
      18:00z -> 18:00 UK Local Time 21:30z -> 21:30 UK Local Time 00:00z -> 00:00 UK Local Time Please be mindful of this when using the CT System, and make sure that your availability is correct!
    • Janet Kino
      By Janet Kino
      In trying to figure out what is current Vatsim UK ATIS practice, I have found:
      a page in the ATC Training Blog that doesn't look terribly out of date, although all of the many images in it seem to have been eaten by the/a Bit Monster.  Euroscope ATIS dialogue box may have changed a little(?) since it was written, but I think it is mostly correct. Several References to a Vatsim.net policy that seems to have been deprecated while no one here is looking, and there doesn't appear to be any replacement.  I have notified the training people here about the dead link(s). An interesting post about new test ATIS setup procedures for for EGPH, EGSS and EGGD, which seems to work fine for EGPH anyway. Not a whole lot of anything that directly relates to Audio for Vatsim and ATIS, except that I shouldn't really worry about voice ATIS, since it mostly isn't working at the moment (due to a lack of voice bandwidth or the network?). Have  I missed anything?  Something?  😜

Edited to wonder... have I posted this in the wrong section?  If so, anyone around that can move it for me?
    • Janet Kino
      By Janet Kino
      Quite some years ago I started with ATC and have an S1 rating, but I haven't done anything for years and would like to start over again.  I know I read something about this somewhere in the last few weeks, but I can't find it again.  Can any of you please point me towards information on how to re-start my training, including retaking the classes and tests?
      Thanks!
    • Andrew Welsh
      By Andrew Welsh
      Hi All
      After searching the forums quite a bit, I was hoping someone might have an idea as to the current waiting list for those wanting to attend the OBS_PT1 group session to start ATC training. After deliberating for quite a while I decided to take the plunge, but just want to get an idea if it's going to be a long wait or not. Mainly so I don't miss any emails!
      (I did check i was part of the training group in CTS)
      Cheers

• Filippo Genoni
      By Filippo Genoni
      Hi everyone! 
      I’m S1 from the Italian division and I’m about to get my S2...I’m considering to transfer here in uk when I’ll consolidate my S2 rating
      In any case, when I’ll transfer I would like to continue my ATC carrier to my next rating: S3
      So my question is: how long do I have to wait when I enter the S3 waiting list to start training?
      thank you a lot!