Connor Faulder

My X-Plane 11 Collection

Richard Keen

Great shots , im very tempted to get Xplane 11 as after trying the demo it runs great on my naff PC and looks/runs so much better then FSX .

Edited by Richard Keen

Andrew Macleod

As am I. Also the airbus was that fs factor airbus 320?

Connor Faulder
On 12/04/2018 at 22:27, James Brierley said:

Is there much point in that if you have Ortho? It seems to do me justice.. I need to post some screenies.

Does Ortho4XP generate ground overlays? I've never compared it.

Connor Faulder
On 31/12/2017 at 10:54, Connor Faulder said:

in the JARDesign A320

@Andrew Macleod the FlightFactor A320 wasn't released when I posted that!

I do have it now though:

zz5zh

zz4bG

zz3Sy

zwgNL

James Brierley
9 hours ago, Connor Faulder said:

Does Ortho4XP generate ground overlays? I've never compared it.

Correct - on the control panel of the 'Earth Tile Map' there's 2 options on the left hand said that say 'Build Overlay' and I can't remember the other one. I've got them both ticked and it seems to do the job :D

Jason Warrener
18 hours ago, Richard Keen said:

Great shots , im very tempted to get Xplane 11 as after trying the demo it runs great on my naff PC and looks/runs so much better then FSX .

I can recommend it @Richard Keen, but to get decent frame rates at higher settings you will need a meaty PC, otherwise the simulation will slow to try and compensate.

Anyone new or considering XP11 I can highly recommended looking up the videos from Q8Pilot on YouTube. Very informative. Mix of reviews and 'how to' videos.

Connor Faulder

Climbing out of Liverpool the other day:

27a9353f84.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gary Thomas
      By Gary Thomas
      Hi all.
      There will be a EGKK_APP mentoring session tonight. The student needs to be put through his paces so any traffic, big or small would be appreciated inbound to Gatwick between 1900 - 2030.
      Some VFR would also be greatly appreciated. (Circuit, joiners/leavers, transits)
      EGKK_TWR would also be greatly received.
      Hope to see you tonight.
    • Joseph Messore
      By Joseph Messore
      Hi folks,
      Prior to a little adventure I have planned over the holidays, while I know it is possible to switch from VFR to IFR in flight, in the UK specifically, I presume it isn't as simple as going IFR to VFR? Where you could just say;
      "N925JM, cancel IFR" and take new instruction if applicable.
      Providing that everything has been planned for both VFR and IFR contingencies, which when I do these flights, I would do, if I were to be in contact with London, and ask;
      "N925JM, request change to IFR" or other correct R/T.
      Would I either refile a new IFR plan, to be cleared by London, or (workload permitting) just say a basic flightplan/route over frequency if asked?
      Would appreciate some clarification, and a pointer to the relevant CAP493 section, if there is one, will hold my hands up and say I'm not as proficient with that document as I should be 
      Thanks all!
    • Anastasios Mpithas
      By Anastasios Mpithas
      I flew today morning with my Comanche from Bristol Airport to Exeter Airport, following the M5 Highway and I had a very good time! I made this thread to discuss about VFR Routes that are 'worth flying'. I have not found a thread like this, and I think it would be great to share experiences on VFR routes. I think that making a list of those routes would be great as more people in our community will try VFR Flying (not VFR Circuits), making active VFR Airports aswell! I have screenshotted below the flight path I did this morning from Plan-G, a 'must' tool for VFR Flights! Suggest below and I will be editing the list below to gather all the suggestions in one place.

;VFR Hops 1. Bristol to Exeter following the M5 Highway 2. Blackpool to Carlisle following the M6 Highway (George Wright) 3. Shoreham to Biggin Hill via Gatwick Zone transit (Nathan Elliott) 4. Shoreham to Bembridge following the A27 (Alex Ashley) 5. Gloucester to Caernarfon, Welsh Mountains (Peter Lockwood) 6. Exeter to Bodmin - Short grass strip into Bodmin (Alex Hodgkinson) 7. Lands End to St Marys - VFR OCAS over water towards the Scillies (Alex Hodgkinson) 8. Exeter to Shoreham- VFR Class D transit through Southampton CTA. (Alex Hodgkinson) 9. Exeter to Bristol/Cardiff (EGGD/EGFF) - Again, VFR through the Bristol/Cardiff CTA. Watch the weather at Bristol too! (Alex Hodgkinson) 10. Luton to Stapleford - VFR Class D transit through the Luton CTA. Good use of using Luton 0013 conspicuity squawk. (Alex Hodgkinson) 11. Haverfordwest to Cardiff - Good use of local landmarks along the Welsh coast. (Alex Hodgkinson) 12. EGBM to EGCB over the Derwent.(Philip Harris) 13. Bembridge to Biggin with a VFR transit over Gatwick (Fraser Barnes) ;Other I. Farnborough and nearby fields (Sebastian Wheeler) II. Stannington LC (Lewis Hardcastle)  
    • John Watts
      By John Watts
      G-BXIO   on take off!
      http://gyazo.com/006fc12f01540604470fd181863b78a4