Connor Faulder

My X-Plane 11 Collection

Connor Faulder

I've decided I might as well upload some of my decent X-Plane 11 screenshots. Most will be in the UK during VFR flights. 

For scenery in the UK, I use ortho tiles generated with Ortho4XP, with GBPro V2 on top. 

Bell 429 by timber6:

776d9865ab.jpg

16e177096c.jpg

36ef5ebd61.jpg

Bell 407 by Dreamfoil:

vVPfL.jpg

JARDesign A320 at Liverpool:

wvMMA.jpg

IXEG B733 approaching Berlin Tegel:

wTOmh.jpg

wTOKr.jpg

Edited by Connor Faulder

Alex Hartshorne

Hmm tempting me more to switch to XP!

Stephen Simpson

Any decent screenshots of scotland?

Tried getting to grips with xplane but just not got time to sus it all out.

S

Connor Faulder
On 14/12/2017 at 20:28, Alex Hartshorne said:

How much free hard drive space do you have for Orthophoto scenery? ;)

16 hours ago, Stephen Simpson said:

Any decent screenshots of scotland?

Tried getting to grips with xplane but just not got time to sus it all out.

S

10 minutes ago, Stephen Calderhead said:

I'll head north of the border next time I'm doing some VFR flying :)

Looks good! @Stephen Calderhead

Alex Hartshorne
12 minutes ago, Connor Faulder said:

How much do you need?

Stephen Calderhead
3 hours ago, Connor Faulder said:

My UK wide files total 165GB

Alex Hartshorne
5 hours ago, Stephen Calderhead said:

Ouch :D

James Brierley

I current use both P3D and XP11 but X-Plane is more my favourite choice of sim now - stunning scenery and aircraft.

Connor Faulder
On 12/17/2017 at 18:31, Stephen Calderhead said:

On 12/17/2017 at 15:32, Alex Hartshorne said:

How much do you need?

At the zoom level I rendered at, the England, Scotland & Wales Ortho, mesh and overlay takes up about 90GB. (My internet was the limiting factor in how much patience I had :D)

Glad to hear it @James Brierley;) . Took a bit of convincing to get me started with XP10 but I'm converted. 

The thing I'd like to see is a bit more development of Vatsim plugins. XSquawkbox does the job, but I miss "standard" features from FSInn (or even vPilot). Hopefully Swift might be a nice step up in the next 10 years.

Edited by Connor Faulder

Connor Faulder

Having just carried out some PC upgrades, I decided to get back in the sim and head from EGCC to EGLL in the JARDesign A320. UK2000 (yes X-Plane!) Manchester and Aerosoft Heathrow.

c39bda4039.jpg

BetterPushback Plugin

5242e81fbb.jpg

01e1410d74.jpg

414610356b.jpg

7243f7233f.jpg

All those floating FSX people ;) (This is one of the things I miss from the FSX clients - auto leveling of aircraft on the ground)

Adam Farquharson

so is all of the scenery free that you have for those screenshots?

Connor Faulder
10 hours ago, Adam Farquharson said:

so is all of the scenery free that you have for those screenshots?

The ground is, yes.

Mesh for, well, mesh 

Ortho4XP for the photoscenery textures

GB Pro V2 for the autogen

Airport wise, also featured there is UK2000 Manchester and Aerosoft Heathrow, but there's plenty of excellent freeware scenery available for airports.

Andrew Macleod

Is most UK2000 compatible for Xplane?

Jason Warrener
17 minutes ago, Andrew Macleod said:

Is most UK2000 compatible for Xplane?

No.  Just a few including Gatwick and Manchester if memory serves me correctly. 

Take a look at the UK2000 website for a full list.

Andrew Macleod

Ah right cheers just because free uk scenery is a dream...Possible switch is in need. Is devolpers starting to pick up  Xp even more now or they sticking with FSX/P3D??

Connor Faulder
3 minutes ago, Andrew Macleod said:

Ah right cheers just because free uk scenery is a dream...Possible switch is in need. Is devolpers starting to pick up  Xp even more now or they sticking with FSX/P3D??

Take a look here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/80-scenery-packages-v11v-10-v9/

James Brierley
10 hours ago, Connor Faulder said:

GB Pro V2 for the autogen

Is there much point in that if you have Ortho? It seems to do me justice.. I need to post some screenies.

Jason Warrener
On 14/12/2017 at 20:28, Alex Hartshorne said:

Simples. Do it.

Fantastic free add-ons, 64bit architecture, great nightlighting to name but a few.