TeamSpeak IP Change

Please be aware that as of 15th May 2017, the IP for our TeamSpeak server has changed. If you are using the old IP address directly and are unable to connect, please make sure you use the correct DNS entry instead: ts.vatsim.uk

James Brierley

event - overload
[22nd & 23rd July 0830z - 1530z] South West Overload - Live! (at FSC Weston 2017)

8 posts in this topic

bDdXas3.jpg

South West based VA Severnair, in collaboration with VATSIM UK, are proud to present "South West Overload - Live!".

Over the weekend of 22nd & 23rd July, ATC services at Bristol, Cardiff & Jersey will be coming live from the Flight Simulator Convention at the Weston Helicopter Museum. To help show VATSIM off to the public, all controlling at these three airfields will be conducted from a single exhibition room at the event.   

We look forward to seeing you either at the event or on the scopes. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I book a controlling slot to help?
A: No, as with every year that the SW Overload takes place, all controlling is done at the FSC Weston event. This allows us to show off VATSIM to the best of our abilities.

Q: Can I control here outside of the event?
A: These restrictions are only in place during the event's opening hours (0800z-1600z / 0900-1700 BST) - feel free to jump on before or after these hours to either generate traffic for the start of the event, or "tidy up" the traffic tha't still around as the museum closes it's doors on those days.

Q: Can I bring my own PC/Laptop to control? 
A: No, space is limited at the museum so we can only accommodate a certain number of machines. 

Q: When will the slots be released?
A: There are no slots for this event, just turn up and fly!

Q: Is it only controllers that I'll see there?
A: No, there will be a pilot setups in the room with us also so that we can showcase the flying side of VATSIM also and allow visitors to see the interaction between pilots and controllers.

Q: Who are Severnair? 
A: Severnair is a VA that has it's base in the South West of England. Severnair members have organised and run displays at FSC Weston for several years, including the VATSIM controlling positions.

Q: Where is the Helicopter Museum, and does it cost to get in? 
A: Full details on the event and the Museum can be found via their website here - http://www.fscweston.co.uk. There is a charge to enter the museum but given the exhibitors on display, as well as the number of helicopters on display in the hangar (most exhibitors are in the shadow of a helicopter!), the price is well worth it for the weekend.

The clock has begun, the boots are polished - see you there!

5 hours ago, Alex Hodgkinson said:

The clock has begun, the boots are polished - see you there!

Will "The Other Chap" be giving another performance this year? :P

I believe the event will be graced by his presence however whether he will be performing this year is, as yet, unclear.

Always a pleasure to attend FSC Weston!

The "Other Chaps" talent (!) agent is playing hardball at the moment but we think we can convince him to perform his yearly pilgrimage and perform rituals with a butcombe-manufactured beverage. An eager crowd awaits him. 

If anyone is contemplating a visit to Weston-super-Mare, I suggest watching the below video. You'll be in for a wild ride.

Weston-super-Mare Tourist Information Video

Sorry i can't be there in person to fly this year as I'm working .... 

have a great event 

Missing you already  :wub::wub:

For those who like a "low and slow" venture into events, the following site has the relevant information on the Channel Islands Control Zone (CICZ) that would be a highly advantageous read ahead of jumping online at Jersey:

http://www.cicz.co.uk/

It doesn't get any more exiting than this. 

Last year I was over ambitious with showing off XP10 and FSX at the show.

Even though I have XP11 this time around, we'll stick to FSX.

I'll still have hands-on flying tutorials and offer a free souvenir DVD to take away.