Request Assistance Euroscope

Don Fraser

I must admit I haven't updated ES for ages because I am frightened of losing all my settings again! 

Could someone be so kind to advise an old duffer like me, how to do it, so I may keep my current settings.

Tks,

Don

All your settings are stored in your Euroscope folder in My Documents. If you install a new version of ES, provided you don't touch this folder, everything should work just fine.

Hey Don,

I Suppose you want to update the sector file, or do you want to update  EuroScope? Can you just confim that the Folder which contains the sector pack is named UK, and inside the Data/Sector folder, all files begin with UK?

Tasos

12 minutes ago, Andy Ford said:

If you install a new version of ES,

I Think Don means the Sector File..

Edited by Anastasios Mpithas

Correct, I missd  your suggestion of installing a NEW version of ES. I have just backed up >Documents/EuroScope just in case and I will give it a try.

Don

Back again. Before I load a new ES what version?

Because in our download section it is 3.2  but when I look at my current it mentions 3.2a(r15). What version should I go for?

Don

35 minutes ago, Don Fraser said:

Because in our download section it is 3.2  but when I look at my current it mentions 3.2a(r15). What version should I go for?

3.2a(r15) is a beta version, so may contain bugs.

No it didn't work.

It shows  the loaded sector file as 2017_06  but I am still getting outdated SIDS/STARS. I give up.

I will continue to work with my outdated system.

Don

Well you've got this old duffer confused Don! You said in your first post you had not updated ES for ages but later you said your current version is 3.2a(r15). That is the latest (beta) version and has to be installed manually so you must have done that fairly recently. You have the current version of ES so there's no need to "install a new version" unless you are having specific issues and need to go back several years to 3.2!

If the issue is outdated SIDS/STARS etc you need the current UK sector file (and associated ese) from the link in the first thread in this forum section. That won't change any settings - just the content of the file your radar views should already be pointing to.

If you downloaded 17_06 last week you may need to download it again. Did you download it yourself from the forum link or use the ES Download Sector File menu option? If the latter - that isn't yet compatible with the UK controller pack. and your actual active sector file won't have changed.

20 hours ago, Alex Ashley said:

Are they showing with a # before them? If so it's the pilots routing.

Thanks Alex I understand that.

17 hours ago, Michael Pike said:

Well you've got this old duffer confused Don! You said in your first post you had not updated ES for ages but later you said your current version is 3.2a(r15). That is the latest (beta) version and has to be installed manually so you must have done that fairly recently. You have the current version of ES so there's no need to "install a new version" unless you are having specific issues and need to go back several years to 3.2!

If the issue is outdated SIDS/STARS etc you need the current UK sector file (and associated ese) from the link in the first thread in this forum section. That won't change any settings - just the content of the file your radar views should already be pointing to.

If you downloaded 17_06 last week you may need to download it again. Did you download it yourself from the forum link or use the ES Download Sector File menu option? If the latter - that isn't yet compatible with the UK controller pack. and your actual active sector file won't have changed.

Well I guess I was confusing you from one old duffer to another.:) I was just reading it from the initial text when loading ES - last item but I do have 3.2 installed.

I took the bullet between my teeth and loaded and used the 17_06 sector file I think. All went reasonably well with some fine tuning  BUT  the SIDS/STARS are still not correct . 

My file structure

C:\Program Files(x86)/Euroscope

Euroscope.exe 

UK.ese

UK.sct

UK.rwy

C:\Documents/Euroscope

All airports and Gatwick for example...

and load up ES and some SIDS have not been updated.

LAM1X should be LAM2X

ADMAG1X should be ADMAG2X 

CLN2X should be CLN3X

Please point me in the right direction ....... patience running thin.

Heathrow JPG for Anastasios

Thanks 

Don

AS  2017.06.07  17h28m13s 003.jpg

AS  2017.06.07  08h38m01s 002.jpg

Unfortunately, that is not the 1706 sector file. Download the sector file from scratch, then go into UK -> Data -> Sector and overwrite the files there. Then it should be good!

How is this the wrong one?  I downloaded from our website . Please give me a link to make sure I have the correct one. Also where are the SID stored?

Don

Edited by Don Fraser
word missing

26 minutes ago, Don Fraser said:

How is this the wrong one?  I downloaded from our website . Please give me a link to make sure I have the correct one. Also where are the SID stored?

Don

You should replace the existing UK.sct, UK.ese, UK.rwy on Documents/Euroscope/UK/Data/Sector with those found here: https://vatsim.uk/download/fetch/?downloadID=00346

This will update the sector file and the outdated SIDs!

Edited by Anastasios Mpithas

Just to see what is going on, when you open ES and the "Open Dialog" pops up, can you confirm you are selecting a .prf from Documents/Euroscope/UK/xxxxx/ and at Documents/Euroscope/UK/Data/Sector there is the latest AIRAC Files, which should have the size seen below approximately?

17dab504a3284df8b216604f9426bbb7.png

I think the previous suggestions are assuming you have the UK controller pack installed and you are opening ES with a profile from that pack. You have UK.sct in the program files folder with Euroscope.exe. That's not normal, mine certainly doesn't have any sector files in there. If that's where you are placing the downloaded file, it's unlikely ES is reading it from there.

The path Alex quoted is where the UK controller pack will expect it to be. Check the pathname in the opening messages (use the up arrow to scroll up to find it). This information is stored in the profile you open - so it could potentially be different in different profiles. That would be confusing :-)