Alex Ridge

event - overload [Feedback] Heathrow Overload 2017

Alex Ridge

Hi guys,

Just wanted to write a big thank you to the event organisers and controllers yesterday.

The quality of control from all the London sectors and aerodrome controlelrs was really superb. Really proud to be part of this divison.

Although I had the good ol' TOGA P3d Crash as I experienced windshear on final approach which ended the flight prematurely, I had a fantastic time on the arrival (KLM10QM).

Thank you again to the excellent controllers.

Harry Cameron

Adding on to what Alex said, thank you to all the controllers who made last night an amazing night. I have never flown in a Heathrow Overload event and I will probably never again fly IN to Heathrow during an Overload event, purely because of the massive holding times :P

Well done all.

Nathan Innes

I did not fly out of Heathrow that night but I was observing for a couple of hours and all of you who controlled yesterday did an amazing job!

Philip Harris

Here here! Well done to everyone who controlled and flew. Everyone did a great job on ADC, and it was great to see so many "new" Heathrow controllers taking part.

Tom Mainkas

Hi there ,

thanks for the great fun and great work of all !!

long holding time for HVN3606 :-)

london.jpg

Alex Hodgkinson

I didn't venture towards Heathrow but had full ATC from Belfast all the way to Sot'on and major kudos to Dan Parkin on South who helped me out with a procedure I don't think either of us had done for years! Top work boys and girls! :thumbsup:

Louie Lister

Probably abit late, didn't realise there was a feedback area for the event!

Very good fun, well done to you all, it looked very stressful!

1hr 30mins late due to holds, but holding is good, get to experience all the different types of traffic!

Great job guys!

With love,

TUA427

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Louie Lister

Celestyn Chmielewski

That first hold over sea is very similar lane discipline at roundabouts near to where I live! Once someone get around, he cut me up and realised his error and moved back to his lane and wave apology at me! :angry:

I can see London controllers are extremely busy with all these hold slacks!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Ben Wright
      By Ben Wright
      Hello!

We're happy to announce 'Escape to the Canary Islands' as our next event! Join us, VATSPA, Portugal vACC, Morocco vACC, and VATSIM Italy as we overload Gran Canaria (GCLP) and Tenerife South (GCTS). We'll be departing from the mighty Leeds (EGNM) and London Luton (EGGW) between 1200-1400z, with full ATC all the way the Canaries! 
      This idea for this event was a popular suggestion from the community, and we hope to bring you many more like this in the future. If you have an idea for an event, get in touch with us!

Cheers.

Controllers please note that this will be a rostered event, the expression of interest will be appearing soon.

• Andre Almeida
      By Andre Almeida
      Portugal vACC has recently decided to introduce all sector splits into the Lisbon FIR. To give the sectors a test-run, on February 22nd from 1300z until 1700z, all Lisbon FIR sectors will be online, with local ATC available at LPPT, LPMA, LPFR, LPPR and LPPS.
      Whether you're doing a short domestic hop or are simply crossing Lisbon, expect to go through several airspaces and talk to many different controllers!
      If you're unsure of what route to fly, we're also partnering with VATSPA's "Escape to the Canary Islands" event. Two of our airfields are official departure airports, these are: LPPT from 1400-1600z and LPMA from 1500-1700z.
      For those of you that enjoy to be prepared and to plan ahead, here you can find a picture showing the sector splits in Lisbon FIR, and each sectors frequency.
      Charts for Portuguese airfields are available on our website.
      Below you'll find a few route suggestions inside Portuguese airspace:
      LPPT-LPPR: INBOM DCT ABLEG
      LPPR-LPPT: MANIK DCT XAMAX
      LPPT-LPFR: TROIA A5 ODEMI
      LPFR-LPPT: ODEMI A5 TROIA
      LPPR-LPFR: PESUL DCT SOTEX
      LPFR-LPPR: ODEMI DCT MANIK
      LPPT-LPMA (or LPPS): GANSU DCT NARTA DCT LIDRO
      LPMA (or LPPS)-LPPT: DEGUN DCT NARTA DCT UNPOT
    • Davide Carbonari
      By Davide Carbonari
      On Saturday February 24th, VATITA invite you to fly in Milano! From 14z to 17:30z Malpensa (LIMC) and Linate (LIML) will be covered top down by our controllers!
      You will have the whole afternoon to fly VFR and IFR! Plan your flight and enjoy the mighty Alps!

Charts, free registration required
      Sceneries
      LIMC
      P3d - Payware - Freeware
      Fsx - Payware - Freeware
      Xplane - Freeware 
      LIML
      P3d - Freeware - Payware
      Fsx - Freeware - Payware
      Xplane - Freeware
    • Layth Al-Wakil
      By Layth Al-Wakil
      Hello all,
      For tonight's Essex Overload we're doing a screenshot competition with a twist, we'd like you to use your creativity and imagination to send us your best screenshots which incorporate either one of the Luton or Stansted towers.
      You can submit your pics using the hashtag #EssexFlyin on twitter and Facebook or alternatively upload them to this thread. Don't forget to include your callsign too. You could be in with a chance of being featured on our social media platforms, good luck and enjoy the event!

• Conor Ryan
      By Conor Ryan
      Hi, I just wondered if there could be an event at Manchester? That's all really...