atc-software Euroscope 3.2 beta

Harley Mulholland

Harley Mulholland

That's about it really. Can connect the network and use the client as normal without an ATIS. It's just when putting an ATIS up it crashes and I get an application error

Oliver Rhodes

Try doing it again, screenshot-ing the application error (and posting it here). Then go to Event Viewer (search 'event viewer' on your computer and it will appear), click on the the arrow next-to 'Windows Logs', and then 'Application':

4e5c271534964121b0f8400510de9a10.png

Then go to the next 'Error' (not 'Information' or 'Warning'), and select it:

c640bf0350c240db9edbf1c56ba9d533.png

If it pertains to EuroScope or something associated with it (mine doesn't as my most recent error wasn't with EuroScope), take a screenshot of the pane and paste it here - this should give the information necessary to diagnose (and hopefully fix) the issue! :)

Alternatively, you can always contact EuroScope support by e-mail.

Richard Keen
2 hours ago, Harley Mulholland said:

Hey,

Anybody know why my euroscope keeps crashing when I attempt to put up an ATIS in the new Euroscope Beta? 

I had exactly the same problem , I had to revert back to the normal 3.2 

John Livesey

I also see this error.

I've looked in the event log and it mentions MSVCR100.DLL, which is a DLL relating to the MS Visual C++ Runtime libraries for 2010. 

Faulting application name: EuroScope.exe, version: 3.2.1.12, time stamp: 0x57a77fb9
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008af3e
Faulting process id: 0x2318
Faulting application start time: 0x01d26606b49c60c3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 0d330caf-d1fa-11e6-9430-305a3a461e9a

I've also noticed that this file exists in two places. C:\windows\system32 and in the ES program folder.

I think there's a clash. If you try to delete the one in the ES folder, it self-repairs and copies the files back at next launch.

The version in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 is 10.00.30319.1

The version in c:\program files (x86)\euroscope is 10.00.40219.325

I did read somewhere what you can start ES as Admin and then delete the files. I tried this, it worked once, but then couldn't load the SMR files in correctly.

Anyone any ideas?

Harley Mulholland

I think I have found a fix. I noticed that the Date Modified for the DLLs in the euroscope folder did not match the date modified that was inside the euroscope beta download folder. I copied these files over into C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope again and it seems to work now

Harley Mulholland

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    EuroScope.exe
  Application Version:    3.2.1.12
  Application Timestamp:    57a77fb9
  Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.40219.325
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4df2be1e
  Exception Offset:    0008af3e
  Exception Code:    c0000417
  Exception Data:    00000000
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    3d0f
  Additional Information 2:    3d0f327694db07bf55c905e252be7d86
  Additional Information 3:    d5b0
  Additional Information 4:    d5b0bdce3eab823418c8ae3fdbf2f1c3

Some more info about the error which is more specific and may be helpful

Philip Harris
2 hours ago, Matthew Moy said:

To fix this, set your EuroScope in compatibility mode "Windows XP Service Pack 3".

Matthew, do you know for sure that this makes a difference. It was vSMR that kept crashing ES me yesterday and I was really sorry to have to remove it today. It only does it during events. My guess is it cant handle so many tags?