Alex Toff

pilot-software UK Stand Status Pilot Tool

Alex Toff

Evening All,

I have created a simple tool that will allow you to check the current stand 'status' at some of our major airports, much like VACC Austria's. The tool allows you to quickly see which stands are occupied at these aerodromes, so you can plan where to log on accordingly.

Please visit the appropriate VATSIM UK page for each airport to view the stand status (if available):

I.E for Gatwick, https://vatsim.uk/egkk

Supported airports are being constantly being updated, so view the respective VATUK airfield page to see if it is supported. If you would like another airport listed, do let me know and I can add it in for you.

Alex

Edited by Alex Toff
Update to reflect new incorporation into website

Peter Lockwood

It looks great! Should be a fantastic aid. One thing I notice is that the map area displays the map for a split second, then just displays the error message displayed below (tested on all three airports). Only a minor glitch however - it doesn't hinder being able to see the occupied stands from the list.

Peter

Alex Toff
11 minutes ago, Peter Lockwood said:

One thing I notice is that the map area displays the map for a split second, then just displays the error message displayed below

That should be fixed now 

Don Fraser

Good application Alex. Until our new website is active, how about  putting in the Pilot Information on our home page?

Don

Anthony Lawrence
4 hours ago, Don Fraser said:

Good application Alex. Until our new website is active, how about  putting in the Pilot Information on our home page?

Don

It'd be far better to just link people to https://vatsim-uk.co.uk/EGKK and allow them to view all up to date information.  Alex's applicant is linked to from all relevant airfield pages. Your RTSM has the ability to update this information as required. If we get pilots into the habit of circumventing the UK website then we potentially miss out on being able to give them useful information.

Tom Smith

Nice job Alex id certainly like to see this implemented for other airfields such as BHX etc

Alex Toff
21 hours ago, Tom Smith said:

Nice job Alex id certainly like to see this implemented for other airfields such as BHX etc

Thanks Tom.  Birmingham, Liverpool, Stansted and Jersey have all now been added to the system.

Anthony Lawrence
58 minutes ago, Alex Toff said:

Thanks Tom.  Birmingham, Liverpool, Stansted and Jersey have all now been added to the system.

Thanks Alex.

Folks, we've now added an embedded version of this tool to the airfield pages on the website.

Edited by Anthony Lawrence

Michael Pike

I get a 500 error from any of those UK airfield links at the moment.

Alex Toff

The airfield pages have now been fixed, and you will be able to find the stand tool located at the bottom of each airfield's page. (https://vatsim-uk.co.uk/XXXX)

If it is not supported, you will get a message saying so, but I am counting the views to each airfield page to determine which other airfields could do with implementing.

If you would like to see anymore airfields supported, do let me know by sending me a message/reply. That being said, I will still be adding support for more airfields as time progresses.

Trevor Hannant

And Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter please :)

Alex Toff
3 hours ago, Alex Beard said:

@Alex Toff any chance you'd be able to look into EDI?

3 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter please

All done!