1. Harry Sugden

Harry Sugden

2. Nick Marinov

Nick Marinov

• Similar Content

• Harry Sugden
      By Harry Sugden
      UK Controller Pack
      The official controller pack for all VATSIM UK positions. Where there are no specific profiles for airports/positions that are used for training, controllers may use the Generic profiles provided within.
      Specific Profiles for:
      London (Area) Scottish (Area) Birmingham East Midlands Edinburgh Essex - Stansted and Luton Glasgow London Heathrow London Gatwick Manchester Thames - London City and Biggin Observer Group Session Installation instructions are contained within the pack: unzip the controller pack first, then within the 'UK' folder inside will be a README file (PDF format). Please read this carefully before moving the pack into the appropriate location.
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Hello
      We are already within the next 28 day sprint to add as many new features, updates and bug fixes to the UK Sector File. I'm using the standard workflow of the previous few releases:
      Timeline: (AIRAC +28 means the AIRAC change is 28 days from this moment in our timeline)
      ✔️AIRAC +28 I will take care of downloading the AIRAC change documents to our local google drive folder (for correct linking in issues) (It is done, located here)
      ✔️AIRAC +28 -> AIRAC +22 - we take some time to scan through changes proposed from AIP - make issues in Github tagged to 1811 Milestone and ensure that nothing gets missed and linked to the documents from the first step.
      [Behind the scenes, I will identify all the other tasks generated by this AIRAC change (non-sector file related) and create a working list of these for me and other members to work on.]
      ✔️AIRAC +22 -> AIRAC +10 - The Sector File team (you!) complete outstanding issues
      ✔️AIRAC +8 -> AIRAC +6 - I'll build a DEV version of sector file generated and shared for testing of big or complex changes (and provide the link  here)
      [Behind the scenes, the controller pack is also updated in this time]
      ✔️Approx AIRAC +4 Development Freeze - after this time I like to start packaging things for download.

✔️Approx AIRAC +2 Release versions of SCT/ESE etc. build and double checked

✔️Approx AIRAC +1 Forum Posts Updated, Download links Updated, Euroscope's Automated Download Tool Updated

As we go through these stages, I'll update this post to show what we're all working on right now.

As ever, if you want to contribute, please do! Find our repo at www.github.com/vatsim-uk/uk-sector-file (especially checkout the contribution guide) and our slack channel #ops_uk_sectorfile
      If you have questions, find me on Slack or in the Helpdesk.

Chris.
    • James Wilkins
      By James Wilkins
      I'm not a fan of the colours generally used in SMR files due high contrast and illegibility; I would love to customise and unify them on my own personal Euroscope. Specifically, I'm talking about the colours of the runway, taxiways, buildings, grass verges, etc.
      Is it a case of changing options in the 'Symbology settings' or editing files in the Euroscope directory? Some help in this area would be appreciated!
      Thanks in advance!
    • Andrew Gransden
      By Andrew Gransden
      I have been looking under the bonnet at how to configure Euroscope. I was looking at how to improve the VRPs by use of bespoke Symbols. At present VRPs are simply defined as a string with an asterisk prefix (eg. *Cheddar Reservoir). I have looked at the symbology.txt definition file but manual additions seem to be overridden and the Symbols (aircraft, VOR, NDB, etc) appears to be fixed. Is there something I am missing? Is there such a thing as user defined symbols?
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Hello

We are already within the next 28 day sprint to add as many new features, updates and bug fixes to the UK Sector File. I'm using the standard workflow of the previous few releases:
      Timeline (AIRAC +28 means the AIRAC change is 28 days from this moment in our timeline)
      AIRAC +28 I will take care of downloading the AIRAC change documents to our local google drive folder (for correct linking in issues) (It is done, located here)
      AIRAC +28 -> AIRAC +22 - we take some time to scan through changes proposed from AIP - make issues in Github tagged to 1808 Milestone and ensure that nothing gets missed and linked to the documents from the first step.
      [Behind the scenes, I will identify all the other tasks generated by this AIRAC change (non-sector file related) and create a working list of these for me and other members to work on.]
      AIRAC +22 -> AIRAC +10 - The Sector File team (you!) complete outstanding issues
      AIRAC +8 -> AIRAC +6 - I'll build a DEV version of sector file generated and shared for testing of big or complex changes (and provide the link here)
      [Behind the scenes, the controller pack is also updated in this time]
      Approx AIRAC +4 Development Freeze - after this time I like to start packaging things for download.

Approx AIRAC +2 Release versions of SCT/ESE etc. build and double checked

Approx AIRAC +1 Forum Posts Updated, Download links Updated, Euroscope's Automated Download Tool Updated

As we go through these stages, I'll update this post to show what we're all working on right now.

As ever, if you want to contribute, please do! Find our repo at www.github.com/vatsim-uk/uk-sector-file and our slack channel #ops_uk_sectorfile
      If you have questions, find me on Slack or in the Helpdesk.

Chris.