Craig Phillips

atc-software Virtual Controller Assistant (VCA) - New Euroscope Plugin

Craig Phillips

The Virtual Controller Assistant PlugIn for EuroScope is now released. This plugin supersedes the original UK Assistant plugin.

Please visit

For video manual and listing of features

Download available from http://www.craig-phillips.co.uk/esplugins/vca/VirtualControllerAssistant.zip

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) - Is required from here

Version 2.1 B20 (update 30/12/2016)

VCA Version 2.1 is now available from http://www.craig-phillips.uk/esplugins/vca/VirtualControllerAssistantV21.zip

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) is required from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and select vc_redist.x86.exe

Changes include:

• Added -- Intention code for no flightplan
  • Fixed AM intention code for routing via REDFA to EH*
  • Fixed a notorious bug where controllers not using VCA were seeing squawk code and temporary altitude changes when changing the flight plan mid-flight, if the flight originated somewhere that was using VCA.
  • Fixed saving/loading Degrading trail setting
  • Various coding improvements (string/memory handling and cURL)
  • Added Minimum Stack level indication (Use .msl to show/hide the display)
  • Added condition for Temp Alts - All assignments have to be below 60 knots
  • Added condition for Sqk code assignment - If more than 60 knots the aircraft has to be tracked by the controller assigning the squawk.
  •  

Version 2.1 B21 (update 01/02/2017)

VCA Version 2.1 B21 is now available from http://www.craig-phillips.uk/esplugins/vca/VirtualControllerAssistantV21.zip

Changes include:

• Added condition for Squawk and Initial altitude changes that the aircraft must NOT be simulated, I.E out of visible range.

Version 2.1 B22 (update 15/08/2017)

VCA Version 2.1 B22 is now available from http://www.craig-phillips.uk/esplugins/vca/VirtualControllerAssistantV21.zip

Changes include:

• Added last visible time constraint when setting squawk/initial altitude. The aircraft must have had a position update in the last 60 seconds to set the squawk or initial altitude.

This should fix the notorious bug whereby squawk codes were being set outside the controllers visible range.

Version 2.1 B23 (update 18/08/2017)

VCA Version 2.1 B23 is now available from http://www.craig-phillips.uk/esplugins/vca/VirtualControllerAssistantV21.zip

Changes include:

• Reliable ground speed calculation (this fixes the initial altitude bug when dropping track)

Many Thanks

Craig Phillips

Edited by Craig Phillips
New release

Daniel Eamon Brennan

Question: does this mean that sqk. codes are still issued automatically regardless of units below/adjacent to the position you're controlling?

Callum McLoughlin

Excellent work Craig, thank you for producing this. B)

Stuart Duncan

Excellent work Craig, thank you for producing this. B)

100% this. I was probably the last person to take up UKA, I shall be one of the first to take up this. Thank you.

Andy Ford

Looks good, can someone remind me of the code to turn on history dots in the plug in?

.uka h isn't working despite people telling me it does for them!

Craig Phillips

Looks good, can someone remind me of the code to turn on history dots in the plug in?

.vca h - As it says on the video. If that doesnt work make sure you have allowed the plugin to draw on the radar screen.

Question: does this mean that sqk. codes are still issued automatically regardless of units below/adjacent to the position you're controlling?

If for example LON_CTR has EGSS sqks enabled for EGSS for example, and EGSS_TWR doesnt, it will continue to issue sqks for EGSS. If EGSS_TWR doesnt want VCA to issue the sqks should in this case request to LON_CTR to disable the sqks... but why you would want to do that is beyond me!

Daniel Eamon Brennan

Because it makes me unhappy that I'm not in control of my own datatags, that's why :thumbsup:

Lewis Hardcastle

Nice to see its back working :)

Craig Phillips

Because it makes me unhappy that I'm not in control of my own datatags, that's why :thumbsup:

Controllers in the RW manage it this way... but each to their own... :)

Removed Gdpr

Great work Craig. Thanks for all your time and effort. its very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Shaun Anderson

Thanks Craig,

Been waiting a while for this one.

Don Fraser

Thanks Craig. Excellent installation video. Don

Andy Ford

.vca h - As it says on the video. If that doesnt work make sure you have allowed the plugin to draw on the radar screen.

Fixed, it was Euroscope not allowing the plugin to draw on the radar screen. Anyway, I've updated all my settings files now and its working great. Thanks Craig!

Edited by Andy Ford

Dave James

If for example LON_CTR has EGSS sqks enabled for EGSS for example, and EGSS_TWR doesnt, it will continue to issue sqks for EGSS. If EGSS_TWR doesnt want VCA to issue the sqks should in this case request to LON_CTR to disable the sqks... but why you would want to do that is beyond me!

As an ex UK controller using VRC, a TWR stint used to be made that bad that I logged off the position, there was nothing to do with someone online that had the airport "ticked" apart from the r/t. And more often than not the runway info was incorrect as we were operating with a different dep/arr runway. VFR dep squawks being issued incorrectly with a 5xxx sequence instead of local ones, I used to just sit there bemused sometimes and think why bother.

Some of us liked to come online and have to think about things, not have everything done automatically, especially new students.

Im with Mr Brennan.

Having said that, if the majority like it, use it, and more importantly, if it is based on the real world system then thats the point.

Daniel Eamon Brennan

If everything and indeed everyone worked off something based on the system(s) at CFMU like the r/w, then I'd be happy - but we don't, until then like David says: there is very little to do, except for the R/T and correcting the endless errors caused by the application's actions based on a user's differing set-up.

Kris Thomson

Thanks Craig for putting this together. This is a brilliant plugin and I shall be loading this into my euroscope once I get back on the computer.

Kris

Simon Irvine

I've been lucky enough to test this version for Craig and it is an excellent bit of software.

As David James has already said the majority of people find this programme useful and from my perspective it's a great add on to ES.

Thank you Craig.

Paul Williams

Craig - Used VCA for a stint on EGGW today, alongside a controller working on EGSS.

We had some concerns that the wrong squawk codes were being assigned to our aircraft - particularly VFR. What system are you using to generate the squawks?