Sign in to follow this  
Maciej Olborski

atc-discussion NAECS - Volunteers needed

Dave James

Is this different to the controller tool that went on trial last June ?

What happened with that trial ?

Jonathan Derrick

I'd like to know a bit more about what I'm signing up for before I do so, could you expand on the concept please?

Jon

Michal Fira

Is this different to the controller tool that went on trial last June ?

What happened with that trial ?

Nope, it is still same tool we used during last CTP etc. It just requires more work to make it finished by the time of next CTP in march.

Michal

Edit:

Pinned

Edited by Michal Fira

Michal Fira

Sneak Peak especially for you Dave :)

baw86_zps9010b798.png

systemc.png

Edited by Michal Fira

Maciej Olborski

I'd like to know a bit more about what I'm signing up for before I do so, could you expand on the concept please?

Jon

Jonathan, this controller tool was first introduced at the end of 2011 and it was created by me using some simple php/js that I knew, after feedback from diffrent people, me and Jan Duk(my friend who is a great web developer) have decided to write it from the scratch and make it really advanced tool for gander and shanwick controllers.

What we have already?

As you can see on pictures that Michal posted, we have some layout idea prepared, you can also do quite a lot of stuff with it already, it was used by 3 controllers during CTP for alpha testing. There was minor problems, mostly with complicated position reporting system but they were not a huge problems. Within the system you can already do stuff like:

• Add aircrafts or for CTP import them from the CTP database
  • Select NAT view settings(which NAT's you want to see)
  • Select ATC position settings(between from Clearance Delivery/NAT Controller and Full controller)
  • Issue clearance to the added aircrafts(only real NAT's are done so far, random routings TODO)
  • File position report for each point of their NAT flight plan.

The system will already help you with separating the aircrafts in its most basic form, system uses, FL, distance between points and calculated speeds to calculate the ETA's for next points on the whole route. It will then choose all aircrafts on the same FL and same NAT and see if there will be any separation errors between them, if yes they will be displayed. In the future we are looking to make it suggest conflict resolution too.

I can say that project is at around its 55/60th % and if I can get a good team then the project can be ready for BETA pretty quickly.

Mac... :ph34r:

Daniel Plumb

I was in the same position as Jon - I would like further information on the project.

After seeing the screenshots and reading the previous (more detailed) information, expect an application from me shortly. ;)

Maciej Olborski

Refresh. Is anyone else interested? So far I got one person :)

Morten Jelle

I wish i had some knowledge in programming. I would have been happy to help you out. I really miss a good tool for Oceanic controlling.

Paul Williams

Do you still need people, Maciej? I have many years experience in all of your listed skills...

Maciej Olborski

Do you still need people, Maciej? I have many years experience in all of your listed skills...

Hi Paul, we are still looking for members yes, we just have two so any help will be appreciated. If you want to help us out please apply at http://www.maciejolborski.net/apply.

Louis Hacking

The project was going really well - then most members disappeared, and the project stopped :L

Claire Barton

Oscar,

This is not a controller pack its software for SHANWICK.

Simon Irvine

I think we are looking to use GOATS this time for CTP.

Callum McLoughlin

I hope they have all passed their validations, Simon. :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Adam Brackley
      By Adam Brackley
      As a newly trained S1
      I seem to have some confusion when it comes to clearing aircraft with step climbs in there flight plans.
      For example I had an aircraft on a southbound routing to Spain they filled for cruise altitude of FL240, however had a stepclimb to FL250 within there flightplan.
      Could I clear this Aircraft on FL240 or will I be shouted down for it?
      Is there anything i need to change in his flight plan such as set a temp FL within ES as I would be initially clearing a south bound aircraft on an even flight level.

Thanks for your help
    • Paul McHutchison
      By Paul McHutchison
      Hello!
      It's been a very long time since I've been active on the controlling side (I'm pretty sure I was still a kid when I was most active, and I'm 26 now!) and I've been thinking recently that I'd like to get back into the swing of things. I had validations for Jersey Control and Heathrow Tower back in 2010, and though I'm sure the Heathrow one is useless these days, the Channel Islands are fairly straightforward and probably a good way for me to get back into it. I've just got a couple of questions which I searched for but had no luck:
      1) Am I allowed to just jump straight back in on Jersey or do I have to be revalidated?
      2) Is there an idiot's guide to setting up EuroScope from scratch anywhere? I resisted switching to it back in the day, and somebody set up my Heathrow profile for me so I'm really not sure of what I'm doing.
      3) (this is where I really show how hopelessly out of the loop I am) While I figure out how to get myself up and running on ES, am I allowed to use VRC as a stop gap? I would worry that its lack of tag features would maybe cause issues for coordination with LON_CTR.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm looking forward to getting some ATC time in, I've been flying again for the last 18 months or so and it's great to see such a high standard of ATC in the UK.
    • Dan Bishop-Adams
      By Dan Bishop-Adams
      Hi All,
      Following today's release of UK2000 Bristol 2019 HD, I thought I'd provide an update on the latest parking stand limitations - as this scenery includes some apron extensions and stand changes that won't be covered in the existing vMATS or indeed the sector file to an extent. This will also be useful for pilots choosing their stand when setting up for departure (or indeed arriving without ATC). 
      The aircraft type shown is the maximum type that can use that stand:
      Stands 1-3 - A321
      Stand 3R & 4 - B752
      Stands 5 & 6 - B738/A320
      Stands 7-9 - A320
      Stands 10-15 - A319
      Stands 19 & 20 - B738 
      Stand 21 - B733/F100/E190
      Stand 22 - B738/A320
      Stands 23-25 - A321*
      Stand 26 - B789/A333
      Stand 26S - B738/A320 (Cannot be used at same time as 26)
      Stands 28 & 30 - A321
      Stand 29 - B752
      Stand 31R - E145
      Stand 31 - A321
      Stand 32R - E145/AT72
      Stand 32 - B752
      Stand 32L - E195
      Stand 33 - B752
      Stand 33L - E195
      Stand 34 - A321
      Stand 35 - B738/A320
      Stand 36 - E145
      Stands 37-39 - A321
      (Bear in mind the multi-use of these stands, and which ones may block others)
      Overflow Stands (These are not to be used routinely, though some of them [Such as E2/W3/W5] could be used for additional heavy parking if 26 is occupied, but at the expense of blocking other stands):
      Stands E1-E3 - A321**
      Stands W1 & W2 - E145
      Stands W3-W7 - A321**
      *I have some conflicting information about stands 23-25, they used to be max B752 but the latest information I have states A321. I will check and update ASAP, as the documentation I am using has been misprinted before!
      **Stands E1/E2 & W4/W6 are used even more infrequently - in the real world, these are for departure only in very busy times and a/c are towed onto these stands. 
      Hope this is useful!
      Regards,

• Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Traffic Flow
      Traffic entering in the South West of the FIR will route towards Heathrow and Munich via the South coast and to Copenhagen and Warsaw via CPT and onwards.
      AC West is expected to see a large amount of inbound and overflying non-event traffic - for this reason - no inbound event traffic is routing via the BEDEK/KENET area.

Traffic inbound at LIFFY and DEXEN will route to BNN for Heathrow, as well as to Amsterdam and Warsaw via LAMSO and into Scottish for Copenhagen. Some Copenhagen (via BPK) traffic will cross the Warsaw stream to LAMSO in the North Sea sector.
      Finally, traffic inbound to Heathrow will arrive via BEL & KELLY. This can be descended beneath the other streams.
      Daventry has mostly the responsibility to sequence for Heathrow arrivals. Clacton is staffed mostly for AMS <-> LHR city shuttlers

Event Sectors
      Currently we plan to use the event split of AC West into North and South and AC North into Lakes and North Sea

Neighbours
      Shannon is operating using this configuration: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1fQU_ksQkb-jAlJ6fOQlp7JxAYI0uajPSc1v9Ii8mITI/edit?
      Amsterdam plans to use an East/West split (no Maastricht Delta online)
      Brussels may be covered by Eurocenter vACC
    • Chris Pawley
      By Chris Pawley
      Traffic Flow
      Traffic entering in at MOLAK will split into three - one section to Copenhagen, one to Munich at LONAM and one to Amsterdam at TOPPA
      Traffic entering at NIPIT routes via BEL and KELLY into AC Lakes. This might need to be descended slightly early to go beneath traffic in their sector.
      Traffic routing towards Copenhagen from AC North will cross both Amsterdam and Munich inbounds, hopefully with Amsterdam traffic already descending towards TOPPA.

Event Sectors
      Currently we plan to use the event split of Scottish East into North and South
      We will open West+Deancross combined and East.

Neighbours
      Shannon is operating using this configuration: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1fQU_ksQkb-jAlJ6fOQlp7JxAYI0uajPSc1v9Ii8mITI/edit?
      Amsterdam plans to use an East/West split (no Maastricht Delta online)
      Copenhagen will use EKDK_N EKDK_V and EKDK_B