• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Mawston

• Leon Hunter

• Johan Grauers

• Scott Diamond

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems a very [auto-mod: lovely language]-stirring topic - why didn't you email Sam directly for a fairly immediate response instead of dragging the nonsense onto here?

I agree with Leon, I believe that the way the "Que" is formed is ridiculous. It should be, as it always has been, first come first served.

As you have people like me who have been wanting to be in the Heathrow RTS for over a year now.

Unfair completely.

EDIT: Waiting was meant to be wanting

Edited by Chris Locke

I agree with Leon, I believe that the way the "Que" is formed is ridiculous. It should be, as it always has been, first come first served.

As you have people like me who have been waiting to be in the Heathrow RTS for over a year now.

Unfair completely.

Then probably you missed some steps orsomthing somewhere, as I joined a bit before the summer holidays and am now validated.

As you have people like me who have been waiting to be in the Heathrow RTS for over a year now.

Unfair completely.

Then probably you missed some steps orsomthing somewhere, as I joined a bit before the summer holidays and am now validated.

Edit made :D

This seems a very [auto-mod: lovely language]-stirring topic - why didn't you email Sam directly for a fairly immediate response instead of dragging the nonsense onto here?

Not really causing trouble as I'm sure there's a genuine reason for it, maybe as oliver has pointed out. By using the forums I can gather other peoples opinions and hopefully when Sam answers other members can see and it will answer any confusion they may have - I know im not the only one...

Leon who cares! You will get a chance to train and possibly validate if you are any good. There is no rush, you have waited this long what is the problem with waiting a bit longer?

It's not the point - and your response is pretty pointless Oliver. I am simply asking what is happening with the que and why the numbers are going up and down? So unless your name is Sam, or you know what your talking about - please refrain from posting :thumbsup:

Edited by Leon Hunter

You cannot say I didn't warn you. Sam can unlock the thread as and when he is able to provide an answer to Leon. Alternatively he could choose to do it via email. This thread is bound to continue in a downhill spiral hence we'll end it here for now.

Regards

Sorry for any confusion, but if you had read the 'Heathrow RTS Opens 30-11-11' topic you would have quite clearly seen the following:

The priority order of mentoring allocation is as follows:

C3 UK

C3 Visitor

C1 UK

C1 Visitor

S3 UK

S3 Visitor

S2 UK

S2 Visitor

Those who have held their rating for the longest period will be placed in front of those who haven't. We have put this in place so those who need a validation to control London sectors etc aren't prohibited from doing so just because they don't have a Heathrow validation.

I'm sorry some of you are towards the bottom of the queue, but the logic is, is that the higher rated controllers shouldn't take too long to pass their validations, so the waiting time for S2s etc shouldn't be too long. History has shown that we have many talented S3 and C1+ controllers who have much to offer on Area (London etc) who are being prevented from the position due to a lack of a validation at Heathrow. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to join Heathrow :wink:

I hope this clears up any confusion. There are currently ~20 people in the RTS waiting list. Once all who are on the list join the RTS there will be a cut-off where we close again and train those who have joined. A new waiting list will be built and those in the succeeding list will be trained once the previous list has been cleared.

Regards,

Sam