Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexander Jefferies

atc-discussion
Exeter Scenery

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I've been taking a break from staring at a blank radar screen recently to design some scenery for Exeter. It is much needed, it wasn't until I started making it, that I realised how out-dated and inaccurate the UK2000 series version of Exeter was. It started out as a simple AFCAD modification but has slowly developed into a bit more.

At the moment, seeing as I only have access to FS2004 that is what it is being designed for, I will investigate the possibility of an FSX upgrade if/when I get a copy myself.

Here's a quick screenshot of the main apron, bear in mind that I've only been working on this since mid-last week, so it's still very much a WIP.

tescenery.jpg

And another shot; the aerial image I'm using as a base hasn't been sized properly so we're a bit off atm, I will attempt to sort this out before release as obviously having a turning circle out of place is a bit odd :D I may just substitute it for a grass texture all across the airfield, it will be alot easier to manage that way!

thresh.jpg

Alex

Ahh good to see Exeter being done, do you plan on making custom models or are you only doing the ground stuff??

Custom models are being worked on, there are a few pretty much ready (terminal building + a couple of hangars), but I want to get the ground sorted first before I start placing them.

Alex

Looking good Alex - means I won't have to keep updating my Exeter AFCAD for UK2000 VFR Airfields (like I've had to for Newquay) either, cause I'll be using your scenery (if you port to FSX :))

Hi Will,

I will eventually port it over to FSX, because I intend to upgrade at some point. Until then, it would be logistically difficult for me to port it because I would have to rely on other people to test it, and If I can't see the problems first hand I would find it difficult to sort them! :D

Alex

Definitely much needed! Starting to look good, can't wait until I get a copy of it myself.

Soon, Exeter will have it all;

Weird clearance procedures, weird approach procedures, weird radio terminology and now weird (but awesome) scenery!

Alex,

Did you ever get to finish this project ?

I have been using the stock FS9 since last rebuild so if there is anything you have usable, even an accurate ground plan, that would be very useful :thumbsup:

Regards

David

• Similar Content

• Harry Cameron
      By Harry Cameron
      After being accused of "Hijacking this thread" and being asked to "start a seperate thread" I, well, decided to start a seperate thread.
      The down vote is a very useful part of a forum as it allows the forum users to express their views without having to "Hijack threads". It has come to my attention that in the DSG meeting on the 22nd of June it was discussed that the down vote was to be removed. After the recent announcement of a new Deputy Division Director and more down votes to the post than up votes it seems extremely coincidental that the whole down vote system has been removed. It is as if members of VATUK do not agree with a certain decision by the DSG the DSG do not seem to like this.
      In conclusion I say that the down vote should be returned or at least be voted on for it to be return!
    • Darren Willmin
      By Darren Willmin
      Hi, I've recently been looking to return from being away for a long period of time. I used VRC when I was last online but now looking at Europscope. I downloaded it yesterday but came to a stop when I couldn't  get the sector file working etc.
      is there anyone able to help setup and give me a 5 minute course on the basics to help me on my way?

all the best
    • Neville Munro
      By Neville Munro
      Hi,
      10+ VFR A/C EGKA --> EGJJ TONIGHT; Can you help with EGJJ and/or Channel (Jersey radar) please?
      Departing 1800Z - 1830Z. Pilots good at inbound spacing, should be fun.
      Thanks

Neville
      CIX ATS Mngr.
    • Jamie Paine
      By Jamie Paine
      Well that got out of hand quickly
    • Fraser Cooper
      By Fraser Cooper
      Afternoon all,
      There will be a Bristol Tower (EGGD_TWR) pre-exam on Saturday 1st July at 1700z until 1900z.
      We require a healthy mix of IFR and VFR traffic to complete the pre-exam.
      Good luck!

This is happening the same time as the "Mersey Night" event. Why not fly from Bristol to Liverpool for Full ATC Coverage.
      https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/34475-1st-july-1700z-2100z-mersey-night