Sign in to follow this  
Alexander Jefferies

atc-discussion Exeter Scenery

Alexander Jefferies

Hi Guys,

I've been taking a break from staring at a blank radar screen recently to design some scenery for Exeter. It is much needed, it wasn't until I started making it, that I realised how out-dated and inaccurate the UK2000 series version of Exeter was. It started out as a simple AFCAD modification but has slowly developed into a bit more.

At the moment, seeing as I only have access to FS2004 that is what it is being designed for, I will investigate the possibility of an FSX upgrade if/when I get a copy myself.

Here's a quick screenshot of the main apron, bear in mind that I've only been working on this since mid-last week, so it's still very much a WIP.

tescenery.jpg

George Complin

It looks awesome Alex! :thumbsup:

Deff' agree a much needed development!

Paul McHutchison

Very nice indeed, the default scenery is appalling!

Alexander Jefferies

And another shot; the aerial image I'm using as a base hasn't been sized properly so we're a bit off atm, I will attempt to sort this out before release as obviously having a turning circle out of place is a bit odd :D I may just substitute it for a grass texture all across the airfield, it will be alot easier to manage that way!

thresh.jpg

Alex

Bradley De-Lar

Ahh good to see Exeter being done, do you plan on making custom models or are you only doing the ground stuff??

Alexander Jefferies

Custom models are being worked on, there are a few pretty much ready (terminal building + a couple of hangars), but I want to get the ground sorted first before I start placing them.

Alex

William Mayne

Looking good Alex - means I won't have to keep updating my Exeter AFCAD for UK2000 VFR Airfields (like I've had to for Newquay) either, cause I'll be using your scenery (if you port to FSX :))

Alexander Jefferies

Hi Will,

I will eventually port it over to FSX, because I intend to upgrade at some point. Until then, it would be logistically difficult for me to port it because I would have to rely on other people to test it, and If I can't see the problems first hand I would find it difficult to sort them! :D

Alex

Christopher Cox

Definitely much needed! Starting to look good, can't wait until I get a copy of it myself.

Soon, Exeter will have it all;

Weird clearance procedures, weird approach procedures, weird radio terminology and now weird (but awesome) scenery!

Dave James

Alex,

Did you ever get to finish this project ?

I have been using the stock FS9 since last rebuild so if there is anything you have usable, even an accurate ground plan, that would be very useful :thumbsup:

Regards

David

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jamie Paine
      By Jamie Paine
      Afternoon all,
      The pre exam will be conducted on Monday 22nd January 2018 (1900z-2100z) taking place on Gatwick Director (EGKK_APP). We will be logging on around 1900z (1900 UK local) and will be logging off around 2040z (2040 UK local). A good mix of IFR and VFR aircraft will be required in order to assess the student's ability. As always, nothing special without the permission of EGKK_M_APP. 
      Any supporting control would be appreciated!
      Please join me in wishing the candidate the best of luck!
    • Nick Marinov
      By Nick Marinov
      Hi all,
      In the past few months, we have seen an increase in the number of events hosted by the division, which is, arguably, something that we are all happy to see. The Marketing team and the TG Managers post respectively the event announcement and expression of availability threads about 2 weeks in advance of each event. This is done so that people have enough time to plan to fly/control for the event and still don't have too much time to forget about it all. 
      One trend that has come to my attention when I was rostering the past few events is that we get quite a few members who request to control a position on which they have 0 controlling hours on. May I please remind everybody that priority is being given to people with experience.
      Additionally, we have seen a rise in the number of no-shows of no-shows with every event. This night alone we had 3 no-shows in addition to 3 other people who have become unavailable on short notice, requiring last-minute changes to the roster. As one can imagine, all this leads to a bit of a chaotic situation on the scope: people's slots being rearranged in the last minute, leading to unhappy controllers, and positions that have been left empty by the no-shows, meaning that either 1 controller has to do the job of 2 in a high traffic situation, or people who initially did not want/request to control for the event need to be "dragged" into controlling to fill the empty positions. In the meantime, the pilots want to depart and fly.
      Although we are a big and active division, rostering is quite a difficult task to accomplish, because of the lack of S3 and C1+ rated controllers. Even TWR positions can cause some "problems", as we saw this evening. May I ask everybody who put their names down for controlling in an event to think about the commitment they are making to the community, the pilots, their fellow controllers and lastly, to the division. This is something that purely relies on you, so valuing your slots ensures that the events run smoothly so that we can attract more pilots for future events. 
      Last but not least, no-shows in events are being noted, and multiple and repetitive no-shows will be taken into consideration where possible in rostering.
      PS: Happy new year!
      Thanks,
      N
    • Max Beckett
      By Max Beckett
      Hi,
      I was recently controlling at Glasgow when the METAR was as follows:
      EGPF 291020Z 08013KT 3000 -SN OVC005TCU 00/M00 Q0986 R05/5/1093
      I understand most of it apart from R05/5/1093. I know this is referring to the runway state but even with the METAR decoding guide I just can't figure out what it means!
      Any help appreciated!

Max
    • Fraser Cooper
      By Fraser Cooper
      Hello,
      On Friday 22nd December there will be a pre-exam taking place on Gatwick Tower. We will be logging on at 2000z (2000 UK local) and will be logging off around 2130z (2130 UK local). A good mix of IFR and VFR aircraft will be required in order to test the student. Adjacent control from London and Gatwick Director would be much appreciated.
      Anything out of normal operations, please check with EGKK_M_TWR first.
      All the best!
    • Chris Doyle
      By Chris Doyle
      While doing EGKK_DEL tonight An aircraft reported unable to fly LAM2X and requested LAM5M. Euroscope only seemed to be aware of LAM4M. Checking NATS i can see LAM5M is the current Non RNAV Departure. I checked the UK.ese latest version of the controller pack and it has only LAM4M. 
      Does it need updated? Does it make a difference to Area controllers? I marked the departure as LAM4M but gave the clearance as LAM5M as the pilot requested. Is that ok?
      Chris