All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Jason Warrener

Do you use VCCS?

Thanks for your recent help setting this up for me @George Barlow - I look forward to trying it out next time I am on and someone else that I need to co-ord with is using it. Thanks for hosting this for the benefit of all. Rgds
  3. Trevor Hannant

pilot-discussion Code of Conduct Update - JULY 2019

I was always taught to change right to left
  4. Simon Kelsey

B4 is basically unchanged as far as I know. I do not imagine that anybody would have a problem with the procedure you mention... ...however there is an easy solution (applicable to real life as well) which is to be mindful about which digits you select first and generally work right to left (i.e. if you are asked to select code 7634 from 7000, set the last digit first and then you will avoid any possibility of inadvertently selecting/cycling through an emergency code).
  5. George Barlow

Do you use VCCS?

Hello all, It's been a while since I commented on this topic and I wanted to see how many of you benefit/use from the hosted server. If it isn't too much to ask, click one of the choices below as this will give me an idea of the demand for the server and if it is worth still running. If you don't understand how to set it up or want more information on it, catch me on Teamspeak, and I'll try and help you out with it. 🙂 Thanks all for your support. Kind Regards, George
  6. Louie Lister

You'd have to speak to .NET. VATUK can't make changes to the CoC.
  7. Neville Munro

Hi, May I suggest an amendment to Para B4. It involves VFR directly, but could apply to any pilot on-line. I train our pilots to use RW procedure when changing a Squawk code. 1. Switch to standby. 2. set new numbers. 3. set Charlie. The reason being that if you run through any of the emergency codes ES WILL pick it up and display the A/C as emergency for about 20-30 seconds. In the South East, long enough for controllers and pilots to react. - upsetting flights and controllers plans. I have tested this and one cannot 'twiddle through' fast enough to avoid the 77/7600 not being logged in. Neville CIX VFR CLUB Air Traffic Services Manager
  8. Last week
  9. Nestor Perez

event - meet-up [24th & 25th August - 0900z-2100z] VATSIM UK Live! 2019

That's 'cause I'm going, for sure 😜
  10. Matthew Wilson

Yes, I've had this clarified myself. Basically anywhere in the CoC were it says "shall" means "you must". So pretty much at the key stages in your flight, eg landing, take-off and taxiing, if there are people around then you must state intentions on UNICOM.
  11. Trevor Hannant

This is one to draw attention to. Slight update to the wording regarding use of UNICOM. So keep an aye on tools like VATSpy, AccuMap etc and if there's stuff around you and you're not just cruising along (i.e. on a SID, STAR, departing, final etc...) - tell them
  12. Andy Ford

The vague terminology also ensures that VATSIM can redefine "in good standing" in the future without having to change CoC, which can take a long time to get ratified. Gives you more flexibility around the edge cases. Consider A2(b). VATSIM may wish to ban someone from the net forum for being a twit or a keyboard warrior, ergo not in good standing, but still allow them to enjoy the network. I guess similar to how when you get banned from VATUK services, we can't stop you logging on our positions, but you definitely aren't in good standing!
  13. Louie Lister

Cheers Simon. So 'good standing' is just different wording for 'not suspended'.
  14. Emirates VACC proudly presents "Dubai RealOps 2019". We are excited to bring you over 240 scheduled flights spanning through this 5 hour event simulating the evening rush hour in the heart of Middle East. On the 4th August 2019, Dubai International Airport ( OMDB ) will be fully staffed from top to bottom with our ATC starting from 1500Z till 2000Z. You will be able to experience real operations in Dubai to make you feel like a real pilot. Also experience our amazing views on takeoff/landing which your passengers will surely enjoy.Book your flight now: Flight BookingsWe look forward to welcoming all pilots.See you thereCharts:OMDB
  15. Simon Kelsey

"A person or organization in good standing is regarded as having complied with all their explicit obligations, while not being subject to any form of sanction, suspension or disciplinary censure." So yes, essentially for VATSIM purposes I would say pretty much synonymous with "not suspended". As far as VATSIM is concerned I can't think of any situations myself where one would not be suspended but would also not be considered in good standing, but I guess it's possible something could exist. It's a pretty standard phrase used in documentation for pretty much every organsiation I can think I've ever been a part of with any form of formal charter/constitution etc; normally in clubs/societies etc the most likely issue that would disqualify one from being 'in good standing' (but not otherwise suspended etc) would be being in arrears with subs etc, but obviously this is not applicable to VATSIM. I am pretty much 100% certain that it was in the old CoC - I think I have a copy somewhere so will look. Here you go:
  16. Louie Lister

I never saw anything in the old CoC to do with good standing. However, I've seen it in the VATUK T&Cs.
  17. Fraser Cooper

I suggest you take that up with Tim Barber. That was part of the old CoC too.
  18. Louie Lister

"A2(a) - To use VATSIM, you must first register as a member of VATSIM. Only registered members in good standing may observe, fly as a pilot, and/or provide ATC as a controller." So one couldn't use their controller rating or fly, even though not suspended from the network if they'd previously done something that a 'good' member wouldn't do? - Logic would dictate that a member not in good standing would be suspended? The whole point in the network is to control and fly. So surely restricting what they can do on the network defeats the point? I may be looking too far into 'good standing' but it sounds to me that your access gets restricted and not suspended if not in good standing?
  19. Fraser Cooper

“In Good Standing“ tends to be that you have no outstanding or recent/serious violations against you. Can also refer to any real world unlawful activity. - Quoted from the Supervisor Discord.
  20. Louie Lister

'In good standing' - I imagine that means not currently suspended?
  21. Hello all, If you haven't already, please take a look at the below .net forum post relating to the new Code of Conduct which became effective as of today. https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79102 The New Code of Conduct can be found here - https://vats.im/coc Thanks,
  22. I get the feeling this could be the best Live! yet 🙂 See you all there
  23. Bookings are now open! https://live.vatsim.uk/ As usual, a public Slack channel has been made.
  24. At its peak in real life, Dublin Airport can handle a runway movement every 45 seconds - we're aiming to match this on VATSIM! It won't come easily however... pilots must be ready for an immediate departure at the holding point, and landing traffic will be tightly sequenced on approach - expect a late landing clearance! The event will be intense and challenging, but great fun for all involved. Join us on Saturday, the 20th of July, for this exciting event. Fly into or out of Dublin to your favourite airport, and enjoy the full staffing of ATC from VATéir! See you there Free, up to date charts can be found hereThere are a variety of sceneries available for Dublin, P3D: Payware : Aerosoft EIDW (Patch for P3D V4 from Inibuilds) Freeware https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/ireland.html X-Plane: Payware : Aerosoft EIDW Freeware : https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi...t-ireland/ (Much more up to date than Aerosoft)
  25. Charlie Trewhitt

atc-discussion NOTAMs

Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D809N MORAY FIRTH ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL550 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D809C MORAY FIRTH ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL550 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D809S MORAY FIRTH ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL550Q) EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D803 GARVIE ISLAND ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL400 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D801NW CAPE WRATH ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL550 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D801SE CAPE WRATH ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL550 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D703A TAIN ACTIVATED LOWER: SFC UPPER: FL150 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E)DANGER AREA EG D703B TAIN ACTIVATED LOWER: FL150 UPPER: FL220 Q)EGPX B)FROM: 13/07/2019 18:00 C) TO: 13/07/2019 22:00 E) AARA1 ACTIVATED LOWER: FL120 UPPER: FL280
  26. Luke Thompson

event - fly-in [3rd & 4th August 1000-1900z] - Mid Summer Madness XIII

ahhh, ok, never knew
  1. Load more activity