New sector file help needed please

Thanks all , i have updated the freq now . Thanks a lot Rich
  3. Today
  4. Good luck! Liverpool you have!
  5. Scottish you have. Good luck!
  6. Leishemba Soibam

Help! No weather data

Thanks George. Hope they fix it soon.
  7. Dear friends, There will be an Area Exam on London (North) this coming Thursday starting at 1800z (1900 UK local). Your support for this exam would be gratefully appreciated by flying and controlling underlying positions. Neighbouring area sectors (SCO/LON_C/W) would be appreciated also. As a pilot you can assist by flying normal operations into and out of northern hubs such as Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Doncaster etc. Overflights to and from Scotland towards any of the London or Midlands airports would also prove helpful. No theatrics or funny games without approval from LON_X/Y/Z_CTR. Please join me in wishing the candidate every success!
  8. George Peppard

Help! No weather data

VATSIM.NET METAR servers are currently experiencing problems - I assume it will be resolved soon
  9. Leishemba Soibam

Help! No weather data

Why i am unable to see the metar in euroscope? No weather data message pops up can anybody help me...
  10. Tom Earl

It's worth noting that the controller pack isn't always updated on every cycle. The current UK Controller Pack on the downloads page is for airac 2019/05, therefore this method would not resolve the KK ATIS frequency issue. By all means if the controller pack is updated simultaneously to the sector file do it this way, otherwise it will need to be done manually and by checking against the changelog of the sector file.
  11. Adam Turner

Tom is correct in that the voice comms setup isn't defined within the sector file and Instead it is defined in Voice.txt, which is included with the controller pack. To make sure your voice channels are up to date with the changes to frequencies, without having to manually update them: Download the latest version of the controller pack, Open the zip file and copy the Voice.txt and Voice_Scottish.txt files from the Data/Settings/ folder Overwrite your existing files of the same name in [Euroscope Folder]/UK/Data/Settings/. Note: you will lose any customisations you have made to the voice channels, but any other customisation such as modified profiles, ASRs or other settings will remain.
  12. Tom Earl

Good morning Richard, Hope you are well. As far as I understand, (and I may be mistaken), the sector file that is downloaded and replaces the contents in \EuroScope\UK\Data\Sector doesn't actually have any effect on the frequency in the Voice Communications Setup dialogue. Nor is there any way to edit those frequencies through the GitHub repository, they're done on Operation's side of things. From what I can make out on the charts, the ATIS frequency should be 136.525, which is in fact reflected in the UK.ese file that you should have downloaded: EGKK_ATIS:Gatwick ATIS:136.520:KKI:K:EGKK:ATIS:-:-:::::: Though, the frequency in the new crib sheet still seems to be the old one. As far as a fixes, you can either find and make an edit to the Gatwick ATIS line in \EuroScope\UK\Data\Settings\Voice, or you can do it inside EuroScope in the Voice Communications Setup: - Find Z KK ATIS - Change the Frequency to the new one - Click Modify - Make sure to click save on any profile adjustments at the end of your session. Hope this helped! Tom
  13. Hi All i understand that the EGKK ATIS has changed and is one of the new edits the latest sector file updates , i have put the files into Documents/euroscope/UK/DATA/sector but its still wanting to load the old freq ... any thing im doing wrong? am i missung another step? Thanks Rich
  14. Yesterday
  15. Joe Burberry

Do you use VCCS?

Personally I always use VCCS, not a big fan of having TS on and loads of chats in the background. Thank you for hosting the server for this great resource!
  16. Last week
  17. At no point did I suggest that you said there was one 🙂
  18. At no point did I say there was one.
  19. That’s not really my point though. I, as the mentor can’t actually hear the coordination that’s being made on voice. I don’t know how well that student is dealing with the coordination or are they reading it back correctly? I don’t see the issue of coming onto TeamSpeak imo.
  20. Or just ask the student to let you know when and what was coordinated (a la text chat during practical exams).
  21. I was thinking about this issue the other day. I haven't tried it but would it work if the student configures the same ptt for both VCCS and TS? At least the mentor will hear the student's side of the coordination.
  22. Hello We are already within the next 28 day sprint to add as many new features, updates and bug fixes to the UK Sector File. I'm using the standard workflow of previous releases: Timeline: (AIRAC +28 means the AIRAC change is 28 days from this moment in our timeline) ✔️AIRAC +28 I will take care of downloading the AIRAC change documents to our local google drive folder (for correct linking in issues) (It is done, located here) ✔️AIRAC +28 -> AIRAC +22 - we take some time to scan through changes proposed from AIP - make issues in Github tagged to 1909 Milestone and ensure that nothing gets missed and linked to the documents from the first step. This is now completed as far as I can find. [Behind the scenes, I will identify all the other tasks generated by this AIRAC change (non-sector file related) and create a working list of these for me and other members to work on.] ❌AIRAC +22 -> AIRAC +10 - The Sector File team (you!) complete outstanding issues ❌AIRAC +8 -> AIRAC +6 - I'll build a DEV version of sector file generated and shared for testing of big or complex changes (and provide the link here) [Behind the scenes, the controller pack is also updated in this time] ❌Approx AIRAC +4 Development Freeze - after this time I like to start packaging things for download. ❌Approx AIRAC +2 Release versions of SCT/ESE etc. build and double checked ❌Approx AIRAC +1 Forum Posts Updated, Download links Updated, Euroscope's Automated Download Tool Updated As we go through these stages, I'll update this post to show what we're all working on right now. As ever, if you want to contribute, please do! Find our repo at www.github.com/vatsim-uk/uk-sector-file (especially checkout the contribution guide) and our slack channel #ops_uk_sectorfile If you have questions, find me on Slack or in the Helpdesk.
  23. Evening controllers, Could I ask that when controlling beside those being mentored that you coordinate in TeamSpeak than on VCCS or any other service? It's really hard to work out what's going on when the mentor can't hear what's going on. I'd assume this is the same for other mentors and examiners. Please, please, please coordinate on TeamSpeak! We need to make notes and we can't without coordination on TeamSpeak. Louie 😄
  24. Loui Ringer

event - fly-in [3rd & 4th August 1000-1900z] - Mid Summer Madness XIII

I've shared this out on the media's - I'll ask Deon to add this as a note the event post.
  25. Stuart Duncan

event - fly-in [3rd & 4th August 1000-1900z] - Mid Summer Madness XIII

Two weeks to go! AIRAC Cycle 1908 is now current. Due to recent major SID changes, please ensure your AIRAC cycle is up to date. Looking forward to seeing you there!
  26. Jim Johnson

Do you use VCCS?

Agreed, I have also setup VCCS and it does work, however there mqy be reasons why it again may not be successful. My VCCS is set up for GP/CC and LON, but except for GP, have not seen, so far, another location activated. The problem is that when on Radar I am also located on Teamspeak Manchester TMA Approach position and do all my top down coordination from there. I rarely have need to contact a busy Lon Control and normally all handoffs are done silently via the aircraft handover acceptance tag.
  1. Load more activity