All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Dean Benavidez

EGCC_TWR Monday 20th May 1800z

All the best!
  3. Robin Tannahill

atc-software Xsquawkbox

Thank you very much for your swift reply and the welcome news about continued support for Xsquawkbox!
  4. I can neither confirm nor deny that I played any part in the production of any gasses.
  5. A very nice weekend it was too. Enjoyed my time on Bristol TWR , Glad I was up wind of EGDD APP and LON W but EGFF APP had plenty of Fabreeze on hand as a just in case. Looking forward to the next one . Thanks @Dan Bishop-Adams for setting it up keeping it running smoothly.
  6. Alex Toff

atc-software Xsquawkbox

Hi Robin, As per https://blog.vatsim.net/public-beta-1-complete: So you should be fine!
  7. Flying at these is brilliant fun as well cos you can throw things at the bloke making a hash of the your vectoring whilst he's also releasing noxious gasses into the atmosphere. A few tonnes of methane were added to climate change this w/e mostly by the Hon Members for Lon_W and EGGD_App #DoomBar. My highlight of the weekend was the pilot who responded "say again" to an instruction on text 😆 #ColleyWindUp
  8. Robin Tannahill

atc-software Xsquawkbox

I came across the following on another forum this morning : "The Board of Governors recently voted unanimously to remove the following seldom-used clients from the approved clients list: The following pilot clients are apparently being removed from the approved application list Squawkbox Squawkbox747 Squawkbox for Fly! XConnect FSInn ASRC SPARC I have no date for the changes as yet" Can someone on this forum please confirm that Xsquawkbox will NOT be affected? This is by far the most popular on the ever more frequently used X-Plane and is more user friendly and generally easier to use than SWIFT which in my experience is considered by people who have tried it to be (so far at least) over complex and difficult to use without a multi monitor setup. Thanks, Robin
  9. Yesterday
  10. Kye Taylor

EGCC_TWR Monday 20th May 1800z

Good luck!
  11. Trevor Hannant

EX NDB Exeter Question

Odd, it's still on the NATS charts...
  12. Glen Coyne

EX NDB Exeter Question

I have noticed 'EX' NDB near Exeter is not on the Navigraph Charts or Skyvector maps, does anyone know if its designated differently to other NDB's ? Glen
  13. A most enjoyable weekend, my 24 hours of LON_W_CTR flew by! Was a brilliant laugh and great to have so much competent traffic. I highly recommend to anyone in VATSIM-UK to attend one of the several Live controlling events throughout the year, it’s great to hang out with like minded people and learn so much from the guys that control regularly. Thanks to Dan for organising another brilliant event.
  14. Some stats for the weekend: The figures for the 18th are split to reflect the two sessions run (pre/post dinner!). These figures do not include overflights handled by LON_W/LON_WN. Thanks to all for flying and your continued support for this long running event! Until #swoverload2020....
  15. On Tuesday, May the 21st, FLY and LAND at Paris Charles-De-Gaulle from 19:00 GMT where ATC will be waiting for you. Organize your IFR flight and join us on the Approach frequency to proceed to the assigned STAR and runway. Check the booking here and the Charts here
  16. Splendid event yet again. Thanks to all those who flew, and to those who travelled and made the event happen. Look forward to next year!
  17. All gone rather well so far with good traffic levels throughout from those that wanted to contribute to an excellent weekend's activity. Jolly big thanks to all the traffic who came to play :)
  18. Zach Pratt

Issuing Revised Route Phraseology

What Trevor posted is what I have experienced flying in the UK. Its very common that we get filed incorrectly from EGSS to EDDK. The company will file us over DVR, but the preferred route is over CLN, we will get a route clearance to the point that is on our filing and “then as filed”. Or sometimes they will read the complete routing. Interestingly these reroutes are usually done via voice instead of PDC.
  19. Last week
  20. Trevor Hannant

If you want to be truly nerdy, ICAO DOC4444 says this: Nothing in CAP413 on it...
  21. Trevor Hannant

discussion Oceanic Guide

I'd agree, changing the link on this page would be a definite advantage: https://www.vatsim.uk/pilots/oceanic
  22. After the success of the Holland-America Line the Dutch VACC presents, in cooperation with VATSPA, their next large-scale one-way event: Vamos a la Playa! This holiday themed event celebrates the start of Summer. Between 11:00z and 14:00z on the 8th of June you are invited to depart the dreary Dutch weather of Amsterdam (EHAM) and enjoy the beautiful beaches of Mallorca (LEPA), Menorca (LEMH) and Alicante (LEAL). Pack your suitcase, bring your swimwear and take your favourite aircraft to join us for 6+ hours of packed airspace and professional air traffic control from start to finish.Bookings will open at 16:00z on the 18th of May and slots can be booked over here! A total of 165 slots will be available over the course of three hours. Last year all slots sold out within a couple of days, so be sure to get your slot early!
  23. Other than presuming the runway is wet full-length or dry full-length due to the current or recent metar, there's not much more we can do on vatsim. Unless there's a snowtam in the metar, it's hard to know what the runway is like unless you're using tower view, even then it's a bit tricky as weather changes are a bit sudden on vatsimI. It's possible to put the runway conditions, such as "wet wet wet", in the ATIS though.
  24. Andrew Gransden

atc-software Euroscope - No METAR or ATIS

Disregard. Somehow the Quick Set Show METAR List had be deselected stopping me getting METAR for ATIS. Strange dependence.
  25. Andrew Gransden

atc-software Euroscope - No METAR or ATIS

I have been using ES 3.2 r20 for a couple of days and have had no problems with METAR or ATIS. Today I am unable to call up METAR .QD or set up ATIS. Clicking on the Get METAR has no effect. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? http://prntscr.com/nq7usz
  26. As above, how do you guys assess the runway surface condition on VATSIM? Do you make a visual assessment from the visual control room in correlation to the current/prevailing weather conditions or do you assess this purely off the METAR/TAF? The only reason i ask it that the surface condition of a runway really affects our landing performance (each operators SOP's may be different for the same aircraft type) Specifically if the runway is declared as DRY full length our crosswind limitations may be increased, whereas if the runway is declared WET full length, crosswind limitations are decreased. If i also needed to return after departure due to an emergency and perform an overweight landing, a DRY/WET surface also makes quite a difference for our overall LDA requirements. Cheers
  27. Thomas Wowk

If you do this over voice my only input and advise, is preparing the pilot to copy the clearance and read it back i.e make sure his/her pen is ready to write it down: "CALL SIGN: I have an amendment to your clearance, advise when ready to copy" Cheers.
  1. Load more activity